Complaint To Admin

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_barryfitzgerald_*

Guest_barryfitzgerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:17 PM

Dear Admin.

I admit I am no angel with regards some of my comments on the gallery. However a certain person...Muldoon Smooth is littering my gallery with offenesive comments! Can we have some kind of anti offensive policy please?

P.S. If I have ever been out of order , I have had the dignity to say sorry! I have no problem with harsh ratings comments, but this is not acceptable to me, and is destroying the purpose of friendly criticism of work.

Thanks

#2 bailbr

bailbr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:59 PM

Perhaps the forums are the logical venue to opine. I find many pictures on this blog that do not suit my tastes and a great many more that I find
inspiring, original and clever and, way out there. I choose for the most part to comment on the latter and leave the images that don't suit me alone.
I stay away from negative ratings and find them counter productive. That being said lets open the forums for some good spirited debates and ease up on each others art work a bit. Thanks BB bailbr

P.S. Would someone tell me how to frame my pictures like fidinaro,gav,and Al B Please? Thanks in advance bailbr cool.gif

#3 Guest_barryfitzgerald_*

Guest_barryfitzgerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:17 AM

I welcome spirited debate. Indeed I try to engage this myself. I dont mind bad ratings of 1 etc either, or comments like talentless, uninspired, boring. No problem there. I do think that git, arsehole, etc are not really productive and should not be left on gallery photos.

#4 bailbr

bailbr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:31 AM

I feel you missed my point. So once again, my opinion is that the spirited debating be done on the forums and not on everyones pictures that you happen to disagree with.

#5 Guest_barryfitzgerald_*

Guest_barryfitzgerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:58 AM

The forum probably is the best place for heated debate. In a way it is a good thing that we all have different views on photography. What appeals, what does not. Is it art sometimes? etc etc. I think we should all be able to learn and enjoy each others work without resorting to slagging matches. Strong comments have always been welcomed by me. I just hope that in future users such as Muldoon can refrain from child like comments of a personal nature on the gallery posts. Some pictures are clearly flawed, including my own. I am happy to hear from other photographers who have ideas and experience. None of us are beyond some degree of advice, and this surely is the way forward!

Our opinions lead us to produce different pictures, this is a good thing indeed! Even though sometimes we can face flak for being unpopular! smile.gif

#6 etfon911

etfon911

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • Interests:Love to write, shoot photos and nature.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

Barry, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Being obscene when critiquing serves no purpose whatsoever. It makes others think less of the person doing it, regardless of what he/she posts, and that will hurt them in the long run. Maybe you should send an email to Mark asking him to implement this policy. I for one would like to see it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users