Sony's Latest : Sony Cyber-shot Dsc-f828

2 replies to this topic

#1 Digital-Alchemy

Digital-Alchemy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

Hey everyone. I'm considering getting one of these. The only concern I have at this point is the purple fringing. Can someone shed some light on this? I've never had this issue with my 717.
I've read the reviews on http://www.dpreview....f828/page21.asp and I was wondering if anyone owns one of these cameras and what your experience with this item has been.
Thanks for your time everyone!

JoeAngel
Digtial Alchemy Photography

#2 Wil

Wil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:26 PM

I bought one of these on Saturday - Obviously haven't had much experience with it yet but so far I haven't had a problem with fringing.

I am really impressed with this thing though - It's one hell of a leap from the 717. This is my 6th digital camera, starting way back with a Kodak DC50 all of them have been a fair jump (except the Sony F707 to the F717) but nothing has been even close to the quality of this, in terms of build, features or image quality.

I almost went for a Canon D10 but with dust being attracted to the CCD everytime you change the lens, I decided to go with F828. Very glad I did, this is an amazing piece of kit!

Regards,
Will

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:28 PM

I own a 10D and I don't know where this dust myth started! I clean it about once a month with a blower brush and have had no problems with the sensor being dirty. You can occasionally see the odd spot at high apertures of f/16 and greater, or long exposures, but it's quickly removable.

Hope you enjoy the DSC-F828 anyway! smile.gif
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users