Recommend A Printer For Canvas?

41 replies to this topic

#1 peterhurst

peterhurst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:47 AM

Does anyone know a cheap but reliable camvas printer in the UK? I want to upload the pics as jpegs (around 500k each) and have them printed on canvas around 60cm by 80cm.. Just rolled up prints will do, I'll mount them myself. I've been to a few sites but they seem to add charges just before you pay. One site wanted 15 p&p!! I want to know how much it will be in total before I upload anything to them.
Any ideas?
Cheers in advance,
Peter

#2 Guest_David Jensen_*

Guest_David Jensen_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:49 AM

I use Enigma Print http://www.enigmaprint.co.uk (based in Merseyside) fast and don't rip you off. The web site is a bit annoying as only accepts one image at a time but they don't knock a load of extras on at the payment bit and they don't take the piss on postage. If I need a few doing in a hurry, I phone them. they knock a bit off the price if you're doing a few. The bloke who runs it is a bit of a character - he reckons he's worked with David Bailey and Lord Litchfield! But the print quality is superb.
David

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:05 PM

Take a look at the companies (Pixel Outpost and Photo Artistry) who have donated prizes here:

http://www.photograp...tember_2005.php

Also check out my reviews of Designer Print:

http://www.photograp...igner_print.php

and Bags of Love:

http://www.photograp...ags_of_love.php
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 treefrog

treefrog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

I was looking for a canvas printer recently. I used http://www.photobloc.com and was very impressed with the canvas print they did. Their prices seem very reasonable too, and things like deep frames and P&P are all included in the price.

treefrog

#5 Douglas Dunbar

Douglas Dunbar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Pyramid Imaging can print 24" x 36" canvases rolled up for you. The cost is 57 + 8 P+P

http://www.pyramidim...nvas prints.htm

#6 Catapa

Catapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (peterhurst @ Sep 12 2005, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know a cheap but reliable canvas printer in the UK? ... Just rolled up prints will do, I'll mount them myself. I've been to a few sites but they seem to add charges just before you pay.
Peter

Printing-1 prints from 30cm (e.g. 30x30cm) to 120cm (e.g. 120x120cm) photo canvas, mounted in many formats, i.e. in 10cm steps. Unfortunately no rolled up ones.

#7 Alleycatuk

Alleycatuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

Hello,

My experience show printers are costly to run and very expensive to repair (the top ones that is) Get them done by a good company.... I know where?????? Im sure there are many but findind the right one can be costly in trial and error.

I use digitalmoods (just google it) they are Uk based and the prices they quote are the prices you pay no hidden extras either. The P&P to uk address is incorportaed into this price too....FAB for me and there work is top i really can fault them.... i resold some prints back on ebay for a tidy sum and got great comments on the printing... hsame it was not the images lol

Paul

Ive just found digitalmoods price for 24x36 rolled pigment inks too. 30 inc P&P.

Paul

#8 magicmango

magicmango

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

We tried printing on canvas ourselves - nightmare! So we decided to find someonee to do it for us. After a few dodgy samples from various companies we found a great company called Design-a-Canvas

We have used the trade arm of them for a while and they can be found at www.photooncanvas.org.uk

Great service, price and product!

#9 symo

symo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:16 AM

I recommend this guy, quick and cheap and ready to hang on arrival!

email: canvas4you@yahoo.co.uk

12"x12" Average Internet price = 28.00, my price = 17.50
24"x24" Average Internet price = 71.55, my price = 45.00
30"x30" Average Internet price = 87.15, my price = 60.00
40"x40" Average Internet price = 132.33, my price = 80.00 all inc VAT discounts available

230gsm canvas for prints, and high quality HP and Colorspan printers with high quality inks that will not fade.

No job to small, custom frames which are 1" thick, and canvas print is wrapped around
the edges of the frame

cheers

#10 p2p

p2p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Hi I have a web page
www.picture2print.com , excellent prints and quality !!! we only use 100% cotton canvas and are amazingly competative.

give us a try

sorry for the spam, but it is rellevant and we didnt want to hide behind a false posts like others do. blink.gif

all the best !!

#11 www.WightCanvas.co.uk

www.WightCanvas.co.uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:20 PM

http://www.wightcanvas.co.uk

Site Launched in the last few days. Major company in our local area but only just decided to sort a website. You can Upload your Own Image or Choose from Pre-Designed Canvas Prints.

Offering FREE DELIVERY till Christmas.

The Price you see is the Price You Pay smile.gif

Hope This Helps!

#12 mac

mac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (David Jensen @ Sep 12 2005, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use Enigma Print http://www.enigmaprint.co.uk (based in Merseyside) fast and don't rip you off. The web site is a bit annoying as only accepts one image at a time but they don't knock a load of extras on at the payment bit and they don't take the piss on postage. If I need a few doing in a hurry, I phone them. they knock a bit off the price if you're doing a few. The bloke who runs it is a bit of a character - he reckons he's worked with David Bailey and Lord Litchfield! But the print quality is superb.
David

Please do not use Enigma print/ enigma signs. www.enigmaprint.co.uk I have just recieved a canvas from them and it is the worst I have ever seen. The print quality is terrible, really dull and there is a big red blob of paint in the middle of it! I waited over three weeks for this and had to keep ringing to ask where the order was, each time I was lied to and any emails I sent have been ignored. I thought I would never receive it and now I have I wished I hadn't bothered!

#13 Hippy Chick

Hippy Chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

I'm looking for a canvas printer too so thanks for opening this discussion - saved me alot of leg work !!

Cheers.

#14 LouiseWans

LouiseWans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

I've used this site before: http://www.foryourwall.co.uk/
The site was easy to use and they were really good quality prints.
Lou

#15 dave c

dave c

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hi all,

I was just perusing some photography forums & sites for tips n stuff and came upon this thread.

Im a canvas printer that primarily works with trade customers/photographers.

We already have a trade price setup that is virtually unbeatable (unless I give it away for free!) and we've just started photos on acrylic (perspex) with great feedback and results - in fact they look incredible and Im about to wack my supplier for cheaper prices as this is the new canvas for 2009 (all are supplied with your choice of wall fixings from satin/polished chrome through to coloured wallmounts. In a few months Ill be doing box aluminium prints too.

**These prices are for trade or volume requests of a minimum of 10 or more, however we can work out a deal if 10 or less is required**
Our canvas is available either off the roll or fully mounted. e.g. our lowest price is 15 for a 12x12", 35 for a 24x16" and 40 for a 20x30" all fully mounted onto thick 1 and half inch frames. The photographers that use our services are amazed by the quality and prices, they've said that the canvas we use is very different to other canvases and as a result they get the deep colours they want and not washed out flat colours that you get with matt canvas. Every canvas gets a coat of Satin laminate as standard. We also adhere to high quality standards too! Whats the point in sending out a canvas that has an obvious flaw in it? You'll only complain and we lose a customer so its just not worth the hassle of trying to 'palm' people off (not that we do anyway because im a compulsive perfectionist which bugs the hell out of my business partner smile.gif)

Our canvas is 460GSM which is the heaviest grade available for inkjet printers

I give discounts for multiple orders and Im fully approachable over the phone and will probably talk you to sleep smile.gif . We've been in business for over 4 and a half years but we started out doing decorative stained glass effect mirrors with Aston Villa, Swansea City (our home) and a few other Championship teams doing business with us for mirrors and canvases.

If its single canvases or tryps or quads or whatever, we'll even do the chopping for you free of charge.

I guess the proof is in the pudding, so if anyone wants to sample my delights then please do get in touch and we'll work something out to both our pleasures!

You can reach me on 07737 269174 (this is the best way to contact me)(Dave) www.allaboutcanvas.co.uk eroticcanvas.co.uk

We offer free shipping on any orders over 150.00. Our normal shipping is Via DHL or HDNL at 8.00 upto 10kilos, so you could get a few canvases in there for that price. We dont use Royal Mail anymore!

I hope this post stays on here, I can understand if its seen as spam but the original poster is after a trade deal and other have posted their deals here too.

Get in touch if you're interested wink.gif

Cheers all
Dave Crocker.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)