Digital Slr Advice

3 replies to this topic

#1 RAnderson

RAnderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:40 AM

I bought a Nikon Coolpix 990 when they first came out . Great for my honeymoon shots and instant pics for my website etc. I soon became much more interested in photography , so I bought a
N-80 and started shooting slice film. I hardly looked back at the Coolpix. I sold it regretting have ever bought it. Now I a wanting to buy a Digital SLR but I want some HARD critical opinions. I am wanting to produce up to 20 x 30 inch prints.
The main thing that bothered me about the coolpix besides the low MP was the shutter LAG !!

A couple that have come to my attention:

D- 100
D- 70
Fuji Fine Pix S3 PRO ( Does anyone know the price range ?)

Thanks in advance for the help

#2 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:58 PM

Why isn't the Canon 10D on your list? :-)

You will have to interpolate the images from all those DSLRs to create 30x20 inch prints - I've done this a couple of times with my 10D and the results have been very impressive.

There is no noticeable shutterlag on the 10D - it's just like a regular film SLR.

I don't think Fuji have announced a price for the S3 Pro yet.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#3 Guest_Frank Wallace_*

Guest_Frank Wallace_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (RAnderson @ Mar 4 2004, 01:40 AM)
I bought a Nikon Coolpix 990 when they first came out . Great for my honeymoon shots and instant pics for my website etc. I soon became much more interested in photography , so I bought a
N-80 and started shooting slice film. I hardly looked back at the Coolpix. I sold it regretting have ever bought it. Now I a wanting to buy a Digital SLR but I want some HARD critical opinions. I am wanting to produce up to 20 x 30 inch prints.
The main thing that bothered me about the coolpix besides the low MP was the shutter LAG !!

D- 100
D- 70

Hi you will find the S3 here http://www.camera-sh..._Cameras_9.html

the price is around 1,290 body only but check around! You will get best prices on the net.

all the best Frank Wallace camera club member www.thecameraclub.co.uk

#4 tapwack

tapwack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (RAnderson @ Mar 4 2004, 01:40 AM)

D- 100
D- 70

Hi, tapwack here,
mmm? Well the entire world is at your feet. Simply, you have to decide which camera manufactuer you love best and just go buy their equivalant. Personally, stick with Nikon and you cannot go wrong. From a 990 go beast and go for a baby like the D2X. You only live once. I have one, got it from cameramad.com in UK where I live. Never had any regrets only sighs of jealousy to date.!!!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users