Copying Photos To Dvd

2 replies to this topic

#1 kena

kena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:32 PM

would somebody please guide me as to how i can copy the digital photos from hard drive to my dvd. i would like to be able edit them later on from the back up. i would like to copy them to a dvd rw.

#2 bailbr

bailbr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (kena @ Oct 5 2005, 08:32 PM)
would somebody please guide me as to how i can copy the digital photos from hard drive to my dvd. i would like to be able edit them later on from the back up. i would like to copy them to a dvd rw.

Hiya Kena,
Depending on your operating system it's really quite easy. I have windows XP and there is a place in My Documents/My Pictures that allows me to copy my files to CD/DVD
1st Select which pictures you want to copy and look for the copy to and write to CD command hit enter and your on your way. Canon also has a version through their browser software called zoom browser. Kodak has a free photo album you can download and it also has a CD/DVD copier program in it as well. Hope that helps it's really a
lot easier than it sounds. If things get out of hand repost your problem and I'll try to help further. Good Luck bailbr

#3 donmac

donmac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:24 PM

Kena

Can I suggest you forget the RW's. Consider your originals as your photo negatives. Keep them in their original condition and save your edited pics elsewhere. Two reasons.
1 - You run the risk of overwriting your favourite photos if they are on a rewritable media.
2 - Edited photos are never the same size as originals and may not fit on the disk if it is full.

Most rewritable DVD drives come with software like Nero, Sonic etc. They usually have an option for copying data and some even have options for copying and organising photos. Have you checked? If you dont have any decent software then its probably a very good investment.

donmac

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users