3 replies to this topic

#1 Wardofsky

Wardofsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:42 AM

I'm not really sure if there's any point to posting here, not many people these days use film cameras but, gotta start somewhere...

2 weeks ago my EOS-10D got stolen, long story, we got the insurance money and are now buying another camera.
The 10D was my first digital camera (and a good one at that) but my 35mm (Minolta Dynax 505si Super) NEEDS to be updated.

So has anyone got any recomendations for film, I am particulairily interested in the EOS-3.

#2 collinf

collinf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:52 AM

Assuming that you've got the money (which you obviously have!) The EOS 3 is a fantastic camera. I am biased as I am a Canon user too - I have an EOS 600 and just bought a 300 (body only for 99). When the 10d was stolen did your lenses go too or do you still have some?

That said, being a current Minolta user, I assume that you'll have lenses for it. In which case why not consider the Dynax 7 or 9 to use your current lenses.

Collin
If writers write, how come fingers don't fing?

#3 smslavin

smslavin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 10:12 PM

i shoot professional surfing with a 3 and a 1v. the 3 is a workhorse of a camera and hasn't failed me yet and i'm in pretty severe conditions: salt, ocean water, sand, etc. i also use it in a housing to shoot from the water. the AF is lightning fast. the metering is excellent. the viewfinder is large and bright. without out the booster it'll shoot just a hair over 4 frames per second. with the booster, it's about 7.

8)
sean

#4 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 09:50 AM

You should be able to pick up a mint 2nd-hand EOS 3 for around 500 in the UK. They're a bit cheaper on Ebay - more like 400-450.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users