8 replies to this topic

#1 gazmaster

gazmaster

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:03 PM

Just a thought really, is there any need for the space taken up for the most popular images.
Most of the images aren't there on merit but by keyword searching, there are only a few that would be deemed as being topclass images.
I would have thought the space used up for the most popular images could be used for other things, possibly open up the random images, maybe open up the amount of images that get newly uploaded each day, so that the images can stay a bit longer on the home page to give them a better viewing time.
Does anyone else feel the same about the "Most Popular Images" section, or am I being a BOF biggrin.gif

All the Best

Gary (Gazmaster) ph34r.gif

#2 Jogi

Jogi

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:45 PM

Hi'
Agree with you Gaz, waste of space that section .The random images section is fine and your idea about inrceaseing the space for newly uploaded images is a good one.I quite fancy replacing it with a section displaying random past potw. images. Haven't seen any photos from Stamford bridge recently!!
Cheers Jogi
'There is no point pressing the shutter unless you are making some caustic comment on the incongruities of life. That is what photography is all about. It is the only reason for doing it.'......Philip Jones Griffiths

My gallery

#3 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

It would be easy to remove this section, so if enough people want to do this, fine by me smile.gif
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#4 desertpea

desertpea

• Advanced Members 50
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

I vote for getting rid of it. Would much prefer to see random POTW winners/entries displayed there (probably not possible), or more random images. Actually! It would be nice to have a gallery of competition and POTW winners ... I'm sure Mark has lots of time on his hands :wink:

#5 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

Lots of time? What's that then? biggrin.gif

I could setup a category of the competition winners, although I'm not sure that it's possible to display random images from a specific category as there are limitations to the Gallery software.

I'll put it on my to-do list...
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#6 Maculatus

Maculatus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:41 PM

I agree that most popular images should be scrapped. More space for recent images would be nice.

#7 madhale

madhale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:52 AM

yup... I think the most popular images are a bum deal... replace it with random images... I'm gettin tired of that nude anyway.. It's a nice shot... but let's get real here... dudes are just searching for boobs adn boosting it's popularity... and there are a ton of better shots on this website. Scrap it!

#8 markgoldstein

markgoldstein

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:26 PM

Right, I've changed the Gallery so that the Popular Images have been removed and the Recent and Random sections have both been increased to 4 rows of 4 images.
Mark Goldstein
Editor, PhotographyBLOG

#9 gazmaster

gazmaster

• Advanced Members 100
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

Looks excellent Mark, much better.

Cheers

Gary (Gazmaster) ph34r.gif