Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and Saint Charles the Great
Place photography, Karlov-Prague-2
The eight-sided church from 1350-1377, was built according to the Saxon chapel of Charles the Great. The church interior is mainly Baroque (by František Maxmilián Kaňka). In the 18th century, the underground Chapel of the Nativity was added. Monks from the neighbouring Augustinian Monastery built copies of places here where Biblical history took place.