You must register as a member before you can post photos. You instantly get 5Mbs of free gallery space, enough for around 50 photos, and you are also automatically registered as a member of the Forums. There are a range of Upgrade options available at any time, just in case you run out of storage space. If you get confused at any point, just email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll do our best to help!
To register as a member:
- Click the Register link on the Gallery home page.
- Enter your details in the Registration Form.
- Check your email for the verification notice, and click the link to verify your account.
- Click the Gallery link in the Quick links: section at the top of the page to return to the Gallery home page.
- That's it! You have now registered as a Gallery member and can begin posting your photos.
Uploading a Photo
To upload a photo:
- Login to the Gallery if have not already done so.
- Click the Upload Photos link on the Gallery home page.
- From the Choose a category drop-down list, select which category you want to upload your photo to.
- Click the Browse button to find the photo that you want to upload on your hard drive.
- In the Enter a title for the photo box, type in the name of your photo.
- Click the Upload/Submit button.
- A new page opens showing the photo(s) that you are uploading. Then click the Process Files button.
- That's it! Your photo has now been uploaded to the Gallery!
Entering a Competition
To enter a competition, follow the instructions above for Uploading a Photo. At Step 3, choose the Competition that you want to enter from the Choose a category drop-down list. There are currently 2 different competitions:
- PhotographyBLOG Competition
A monthly themed photography competition with great prizes! Read the Competition Rules.
- Photo of the Week
A weekly photography contest with no specific theme and no prizes. Read the Photo of the Week Rules.
Creating an Avatar
An avatar is a small thumbnail image that is displayed next to your username.
Your avatar must be no bigger than 64 pixels by 64 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 20 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png
- Login to your account and visit this page: http://www.photographyblog.com/forums/
- Click the "My Controls" link in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Edit Avatar Settings from the left-hand menu.
- You can now choose from the default avatars, or upload your own image.
If you can't login to the Gallery or Forums, then you probably need to clear your cookies and then login again. To do this:
- Visit the main Forums page here: http://www.photographyblog.com/forums/
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Just above the Board Statistics section, there is a "Delete cookies set by this board" link - click this.
- Then login again, either on the Forums page or the Gallery page.
- You should be logged in OK now.