PhotographyBLOG

Name: katrina hadden

Firmware Updates for Multiple Coolpix Cameras
Date: Dec 27, 2014
Name: Jonas Alexander

Latest Threads

MOST COMMENTS

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (507)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (241)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

Canon EOS 400D (189)

Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones
ShutterPoint

10 Megapixel Vivitar ViviCam X60

Vivitar ViviCam X60PMA 2006: The Vivitar ViviCam X60 is announced today, proving that the megapixel race isn’t over yet. 10 megapixels, 2.8 inch LCD, 6x optical zoom lens, available in Q2/3 2006.

Vivitar Press Release

Oxnard, California–(February 13, 2006) – Vivitar today announced the launch of the new ViviCam X60, their new 10MP digital camera. According to Alan Tsao, Vivitar’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing, “The ViviCam X60 and the ViviCam X30 represent the epitome of Vivitar engineering for truly extraordinary photography. The ViviCam X60 provides the photographer with a 6x optical and an 8x digital zoom enabling the user to photograph subjects at great distances while keeping the image sharp and clear. The camera has a huge 2.8” color LTPS screen for easy viewing indoors or outdoors on the sunniest of days.”

“In addition to very high resolution stills, this camera captures movie clips at 640 x 480 @ 30fps allowing the photographer to become a videographer at will.”

“Our market research,” Alan continued, “confirmed what the serious photographer was looking for in a serious camera – ease of use with sophisticated capability.  This camera meets those needs and more.”

Key Product Specifications

Model ViviCam X60
Class 10MP
Resolution 3650 x 2736
Housing Metal
Lens Auto focus zoom
Zoom 6x optical; 8x digital
LCD Display 2.8” color LTPS
Internal Memory N/A
External Memory SD to 1GB (not included)
Flash Built-in 4 mode auto flash
Other PictBridge support
Power Lithium rechargeable
Availability Qtr.2/Qtr.3 2006

About Vivitar Corporation
Vivitar Corporation, a leading manufacturer of both digital and film cameras, hosts a complete line of photographic products including digital cameras, 35 mm zoom cameras, auto focus cameras, 35 mm SLR cameras, manual and automatic lenses, flashes, binoculars, projectors, and camera accessories.

Vivitar has an extensive line of affordable digital cameras ranging from entry-level VGA cameras to ten-megapixel digital cameras with zoom optics. The ViviCam series of digital cameras is one of the broadest product lines of digital cameras on the market today spanning the spectrum of interest from novice through serious-amateur digital photographer. The Vivitar digital camera line is constructed on the premise of value and quality.

Recently, Vivitar signed an agreement with Kodak to market Kodak re-loadable film cameras and batteries in the United States. Camera features vary from basic point and shoot to various focal lengths desired by consumers.

Vivitar Corporation is based in the United States with offices in Hong Kong, UK, France, and Canada. Vivitar products are distributed worldwide through a wide-variety of stores, merchants, and dealers. Vivitar products are found in specialty stores, photo stores, mass merchants, drug store chains, warehouse super-stores and on-line.

Contact Information: 520 Graves Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93030, USA. For information, please visit our Web site at http://www.vivitar.com or phone us at 805-988-0463.

Vivitar ViviCam X60

Vivitar ViviCam X60

Published: Monday, February 20, 2006

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. I clicked on Mark's Vivitar link above to see if there was any additional
    information on this camera, like its dimensions, or CCD size, but there
    was not. However, I did notice at the bottom of the screen a picture of
    three gorgeous women. It seemed obvious that this picture was not a
    sample photo from one of their cameras, but it was also unclear as to
    whether these women were company executives, staff, or simply hired
    models put there to attract your eye.

It looks nicely compact (the camera). :)

GARY POGODA at 09:10pm on Monday, February 20, 2006

2. I found some additional specs at LetsGoDigital. It's an ultra-compact
    with a 10 megapixel 1/1.8" CCD and 6x (37 - 222 mm) zoom.

How'd they do that?

GARY POGODA at 01:07pm on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

3. Ouch! sounds like maybe a fringe picture with a bit of sharpness somewhere, UNLESS they have some secret formula!
    One step foward, two steps back?

nick in japan at 01:33pm on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

4. Also, they sure did do alot of advertising on the front, all it needs are some "moon-eyes"

nick in japan at 01:36pm on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

5. Does this camera have image stabilization??

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Drake at 05:37pm on Sunday, October 29, 2006

6. I bought this camera and I'm happy of that.
    Yes, it has image stabilization but is not perfect, The image quality is good enough.
    its optical zoom is very good!
    I think it's a good choice.

Rigo at 11:49pm on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

7. Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a VivCam x60 which I have used on one occasion. Sometime, while left unattended, I suspect a child has broken it, diabling the LCD which is not functioning correctly.

It is still under warante, although I cannot find the document. This camera was bought on a shopping channel but the 28 Day replacement period has lapsed due to all the Christmass hullaballoo.

Can you tell me where I can get this repaired, obtain a new LCD screen, or give me a contact number for Vivitar United Kingdom

Kindest Regards

Martin

David Martin Davies at 01:57am on Friday, February 08, 2008

8. I am having problems finding a replacement battery for my vivicam x60. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Delrose West at 10:24pm on Sunday, February 22, 2009

9. Are you in Canada? The Battery Man - 204-775-8271 has many hard-to-find batteries here in Winnipeg. I can call if you like. Also, I am looking for Delrose West in London, England. Would that be you??

Dianne at 11:00pm on Monday, April 20, 2009

10. No I'm not in Canada. Yes I am Delrose West of London England. Are you Dianne Renwick of Canada?
    How easy is it to get the batteries. Does batteryman have a website? Thanks for answering.

Delrose West at 07:56am on Friday, April 24, 2009

11. OMG! Yes I am Dianne Renick and I've been trying to find/call you. I've been calling a number I have for you, but no answer. This is a miracle.

Please contact me with the model number of your camera at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) Then I will contact The Battery Man.

Maybe I will deliver it in person!!

Dianne at 02:50pm on Friday, April 24, 2009

12. Sorry, I was so excited about finding you, I didn't answer your questions. The website is http://www.batteryman.ca I called, the man's name is Brett. He can get your battery for you, cost will be approx. $50 Cdn. Shipping costs are unknown. I told him I could deliver it instead and we had a laugh!
    If you would contact me, that would just make my day!

Dianne at 11:04pm on Friday, April 24, 2009

13. Hi,

i am in malta and currently i am getting Vivitar Vivicam X325 Digital Camera - Grey (10.0MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.4" LCD
    Seller pureruby
    its hardly used and also i am getting it for 50 euros can you help me cause i have no idea to check it

Robert at 10:41am on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

14. ME GUSTARÍA SABER DONDE PODRÍA CONSEGUIR UNA BATERÍA DE REPUESTO,PARA LA CÁMARA VIVITAR,MODELO,VIVICAN-X-60 EN VALENCIA-ESPAÑA,O AL MENOS EN ESPAÑA,GRACIAS A QUIEN ME PUDIERA DAR ALGUNA INFORMACIÓN,GRACIAS.

ANTONIO MARTÍN CALLEJAS at 10:57am on Wednesday, March 07, 2012