Newsletter Competition

Sigma Unveils its Black Friday Savings
Date: Nov 25, 2015
Name: maria

Sony World Photography Awards Return to London
Date: Nov 25, 2015
Name: Packers and Movers Bangalore

Daily Deal - 83% Off the Lexar Professional 128GB Class 10 UHS-II Card!
Date: Nov 25, 2015

Date: Nov 25, 2015
Name: tv9 telegu live

Canon Develops 250-Megapixel Sensor
Date: Nov 25, 2015
Name: check this page

Latest Threads

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (514)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (242)

Impossible B&W SX-70 Hard Color (229)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

November 2015

Digital Photography Blog
Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones

Canon Announces 39 New Products

Canon EOS 30DPMA 2006: Canon announced no less than 39 new products today, including a new DSLR, new still and video digital cameras, professional, consumer, laser and multi-function printers, and projectors. PhotographyBLOG attended the UK press launch at the Worx Studios in South West London to try to make sense of it all. Here are some real-life product shots from the event that you won’t find anywhere else…

Canon EOS 30D

Canon Powershot A700

Canon Powershot A540

Canon Powershot A530

Canon Powershot A430

Published: Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. Canon really disappointed me. I'd really hoped the Powershot Pro2 would show up to compete with the Sony DSC-R1 or Panasonic FZ-30. Bleh!

Arthur Arts at 02:44pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2006

2. Arthur,

It's only February.

phule at 03:51pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2006

3. canon sleeps deep, what about a 10Mpix like the nikon for a reasonable price ? thats the way the things are going, just to do the 3 rd iteration of another 8Mpix stuff is out of time, the canon guys should listen to the stones.. your out of time my baby...

max meier at 06:47pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2006

4. I think it is inappropriate to be quoting Stones' lyrics here, especially
    since this is a serious situation, one for which it appears to me that I
    cannot obtain any satisfaction ... hey, that's what I say.

GARY POGODA at 10:32pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2006

5. I think the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens is much bigger news than the 30D body. Finally a versatile compact standard zoom that is great for low light work. I'll be interested to hear more about its performance, such as distortion and construction quality.

azi at 08:13am on Thursday, February 23, 2006

6. Personally -- I think I might defect to Nikon from Canon. I've been waiting for the right SLR since the first Rebel digital came out. A 10mp camera with full, or close to full frame is what they needed. The rumored 35D would have been the swan song, and I would have purchased it. I think "s" lenses are a transitional piece of equipment and will be phased out in a few years time.

Rich at 08:54pm on Monday, February 27, 2006

7. Personally, why don't you just move on over to Nikon. I am sick of people complaining over Canon's not coming out with a bigger and better camera every 12 months. The 30D is still quality wise better than the D200. Just shoot some shots in low light at ISO 400 and above. Canon will have 2 new versions out before Nikon will have an update to the D200.

JBF at 12:17am on Thursday, March 02, 2006

Add Your Comments

Please keep your comments relevant to this article. All spam postings will be removed. To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address. You can include up to 2 URLs. Please use TinyURL or a similar service for longer URLs. Line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted - you don't need to use <p> or <br> tags.

Name (required):

Email (required, not displayed):

Website (optional):

Enter your comments:

Remember me

Email me when someone replies to this comment

Pixmania Logo

Discover a wide range of digital cameras at low prices. Buy cheap cameras from Sony and Canon. Share your photos thanks to digital photo frames.

Varnam Logo

Varnam offers digital photo frame with built-in memory & battery.