Minox DMP 4 Portable Media Player
Minox Press Release
Versatile performance with many special talents - these are qualities held by the MINOX DMP 4 as a digital media player / recorder and mobile data depot. This wee movie star is already a strong performer in the recording and playback of MPEG4 films and music. Amateur photographers will particularly appreciate the tool as handy and powerful image tank with which they can store and view data contents of SD memory cards! Smaller than a customary compact camera the Minox DMP 4 has enormous capacities, thanks to a superb, high-speed memory embedded in the heart of the elegant housing, which serves as a data depot. The Minox DMP 4’s 2 gigabyte capacity alone, can easily provide an evening full of film viewing.
As media player of the latest generation the DMP 4 perfectly masters video recording via the integrated interface. Films from DVD or TV programs from the television can be recorded and stored in the tiny appliance in no time at all using a cable and without requiring a computer. MINOX uses the cutting-edge MPEG4 format for this purpose, providing high image and sound quality – in spite of the comparatively small file size. The built-in slot for SD memory cards with a capacity of up to 2 GB (enough for playing approximately two feature films) is just one storage option: a 2 gigabyte flash memory makes the DMP 4 independent and turns it into an electronic media depot. This allows intermediate storage of digital photos and their presentation on the generous 2.5 inch TFT color monitor, for example.
Sound recordings on the tiny recorder are automatically transferred into MP3 format. In this way, music can be recorded from a CD player or voice recordings can be made using the voice recorder function. The stereo playback sound of film or sound files is provided by the speakers integrated in the body. Their output power is sufficient enough to enjoy multimedia at home and away. The MINOX DMP 4 also comes with ear-phones.
The clear switch functions and menu navigation of the DMP 4 - in Volkswagen design - guarantee easy and reliable handling. Control of all main functions and menu settings are placed front-and-center, making them both ergonomic and practical. Everything is self-explanatory, with a systematic menu and unmistakable symbols on the large color display, guiding the user quickly and instinctively. There are further keys integrated in the elegant body and at the sides which can be used with a single thumb control. With the built-in USB interface files can be quickly transferred between computer and media player, and the DMP 4 operates as intermediate memory while charging the Li-ion battery. The capacity of the battery allows approximately three hours of film play.
The scope of delivery of the MINOX DMP 4 includes a powerful Li-ion battery and earphones as well as a USB and AV cable, manual and CD-ROM with software.
Technical Data MINOX DMP 4:
• Main Functions: MPEG4-Video (recording and playback), MP3/WMA-Player (recording and playback)
• Internal equipment: Digital voice recorder, SD/MMC card reader, media explorer, USB memory stick, internal stereo speaker, built-in-microphone, data stor-age
• Storage media type: Built-in 2 GB flash memory / optional: SD/MMC card up to 2 GB
• LCD display: 2,5’’ LTPS TFT LCD 960x240 pixels / 262 K color
• Interface: 2 in 1 MiniUSB (USB 2.0 / Power In)
4 in 1 earphone jack (video-out / earphone jack/external microphone/AV in)
• Video out / video in: TV out (NTSC/PAL) / AV in (NTSC/PAL)
• Video recorder 640 x 480 (VGA), max. 30 fps / 320 x 240 resolution: (QVGA), max. 30 fps
• Audio-Quality: 2 modes: CD quality (48 KHz), radio quality (16 KHz)
• Picture print out: Support DPOF (digital print order format)
• Image playback 2 modes: Single / Index (preview)
and printing: Photo prints: Support copying or transferring files between SD card and internal memory
• File transfers: Supports copying or disarranging files between SD/MMC card and internal memory
• Format support: DSC: JPEG (EXIF 2.2), DV: ASF (simple profile MPEG 4), Voice recorder: WAV (IMA ADPCM); Music file format MP3, WMA (with-out DRM file support)
• Language support: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish
• Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (3,7 V/1.000 mA)
• Power supply: 5 V DC adapter / via USB cable
• Dimensions: 90 x 68 x 16 mm
• Weight: approx. 69 g (excluding battery)
Friday, September 15, 2006
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.
I tested this camera for a client. I didn’t have the light running for more than 15 minutes. The battery lasted approximately 6 hours before recharging. The LCD, however, had a few dead pixels - never saw this before. Tried returning for exchange and had to put up quite a fight. Anyone else seen this? http://www.batteryfast.co.uk
battery at 04:30am on Thursday, January 31, 2008