PhotographyBLOG

All Reviews
Best Digital Cameras

LATEST COMMENTS

Canon Celebrates 80th Anniversary of Kwanon
Date: Sep 02, 2014
Name: Joe Prete

Win the Latest SanDisk Products for your Camera and Mobile Device!
Date: Sep 02, 2014

Adorama Flashpoint RoveLight
Date: Sep 02, 2014
Name: Mike Servis

DxO Optics Pro 9.5.2
Date: Sep 02, 2014
Name: Peter K Burian

Win the Latest SanDisk Products for your Camera and Mobile Device!
Date: Sep 02, 2014
Name: Sergey

Reflecta Smartphone Scanner
Date: Sep 02, 2014
Name: Stephen Jones

Latest Threads

MOST COMMENTS

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (507)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (239)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

Canon EOS 400D (188)

Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones
ShutterPoint

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Photos

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1On a recent press trip to Lisbon, Portugal, I was given the opportunity to try out the new 10x zoom, 5 megapixel, compact Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 digital camera. Here are some sample images taken with a pre-production version of the TZ1 - please note that they do not represent the quality of the final production version of the camera.

Website: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Photos

Published: Monday, February 20, 2006

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. Can this be? I hardly see any noise or purple fringing. I just hope the
    production units are this good. :)

GARY POGODA at 08:07pm on Sunday, February 19, 2006

2. I wonder how noisy the zoom is.

? at 02:38am on Monday, February 20, 2006

3. Probably less noisy than other 10x zooms due to its integrated folded
    optics design.

GARY POGODA at 06:26am on Monday, February 20, 2006

4. I hope that they better the noise at high isos

AngelC at 01:05am on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

5. Great pictures.......especially IF they came straight from the camera without having been "cleaned up". If they look this good I'll/we will be happy campers!

George M at 06:17am on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

6. Man I finally thought I figured out which digital camera I wanted, then I find this one! These pics are amazing - next to no fringing and hardly any noise! Although, as mentioned, I hope the pics aren't too noisy at higher ISO levels.
    I hope this camera is the real deal.

Jen at 04:45am on Thursday, February 23, 2006

7. Jen, I agree with you; however, before you get too excited, you may
    want to check out the discussion about Mark's Panasonic FX01 photos,
    much of which would apply here.

GARY POGODA at 05:23am on Thursday, February 23, 2006

8. Anyone know where I can purchase one of these cameras slightly ahead of official distribution? I'm taking a big personal trip to India at the very end of March and I want to buy this camera especially for it, but I fear that it will be in the retail stores too late. Is it being distributed is Asia? Are there any personal websites offering it for sale?

Thanks a bunch!

MCA at 01:33am on Tuesday, February 28, 2006

9. How did you like using the ultimate camera without a viewfinder? Everything about this camera looks perfect with that exception.

Dee Williams at 08:26pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

10. Your photos look very good, albeit at a small size with respect to their maximum pixel count. I could not determine any exposure information from EXIFs, though. Are any of your shots taken at ISO 800? What's your experience with that, if you're allowed to comment on a pre-production camera?

John Reed at 09:07pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

11. Note This Disclaimer!
    " Please note that as the TZ1 that I used was a pre-production version, these images do not represent the quality of the final production camera in any way."

Jim at 09:17pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

12. How about posting a short, 4-8sec, Videoclip!
    The TZ1 is supose to be able to zoom while recording. If that is the case.....and one can live with the quality of 640×680/840x840 at 30fps......only one piece would do it.
    i.e. leave the Camcorder at home and only have a small piece in the pocket!

/hans

Hans at 01:31pm on Thursday, March 09, 2006

13. Disappointed that there is no viewfinder. I would like to see night time photos. look forward to checking this out when they hit the stores.

steve at 05:31pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2006