Newsletter Competition

Date: Oct 13, 2016
Name: replique montres

Atomos Release AtomOS6.4
Date: Oct 13, 2016
Name: Google Allo

Latest Threads

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (514)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Impossible B&W SX-70 Hard Color (293)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (242)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

October 2016

Digital Photography Blog
Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Photos

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1On a recent press trip to Lisbon, Portugal, I was given the opportunity to try out the new 10x zoom, 5 megapixel, compact Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 digital camera. Here are some sample images taken with a pre-production version of the TZ1 - please note that they do not represent the quality of the final production version of the camera.

Website: Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Photos

Published: Monday, February 20, 2006

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. Can this be? I hardly see any noise or purple fringing. I just hope the
    production units are this good. :)

GARY POGODA at 08:07pm on Sunday, February 19, 2006

2. I wonder how noisy the zoom is.

? at 02:38am on Monday, February 20, 2006

3. Probably less noisy than other 10x zooms due to its integrated folded
    optics design.

GARY POGODA at 06:26am on Monday, February 20, 2006

4. I hope that they better the noise at high isos

AngelC at 01:05am on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

5. Great pictures.......especially IF they came straight from the camera without having been "cleaned up". If they look this good I'll/we will be happy campers!

George M at 06:17am on Tuesday, February 21, 2006

6. Man I finally thought I figured out which digital camera I wanted, then I find this one! These pics are amazing - next to no fringing and hardly any noise! Although, as mentioned, I hope the pics aren't too noisy at higher ISO levels.
    I hope this camera is the real deal.

Jen at 04:45am on Thursday, February 23, 2006

7. Jen, I agree with you; however, before you get too excited, you may
    want to check out the discussion about Mark's Panasonic FX01 photos,
    much of which would apply here.

GARY POGODA at 05:23am on Thursday, February 23, 2006

8. Anyone know where I can purchase one of these cameras slightly ahead of official distribution? I'm taking a big personal trip to India at the very end of March and I want to buy this camera especially for it, but I fear that it will be in the retail stores too late. Is it being distributed is Asia? Are there any personal websites offering it for sale?

Thanks a bunch!

MCA at 01:33am on Tuesday, February 28, 2006

9. How did you like using the ultimate camera without a viewfinder? Everything about this camera looks perfect with that exception.

Dee Williams at 08:26pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

10. Your photos look very good, albeit at a small size with respect to their maximum pixel count. I could not determine any exposure information from EXIFs, though. Are any of your shots taken at ISO 800? What's your experience with that, if you're allowed to comment on a pre-production camera?

John Reed at 09:07pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

11. Note This Disclaimer!
    " Please note that as the TZ1 that I used was a pre-production version, these images do not represent the quality of the final production camera in any way."

Jim at 09:17pm on Thursday, March 02, 2006

12. How about posting a short, 4-8sec, Videoclip!
    The TZ1 is supose to be able to zoom while recording. If that is the case.....and one can live with the quality of 640×680/840x840 at 30fps......only one piece would do it.
    i.e. leave the Camcorder at home and only have a small piece in the pocket!

Hans at 01:31pm on Thursday, March 09, 2006

13. Disappointed that there is no viewfinder. I would like to see night time photos. look forward to checking this out when they hit the stores.

steve at 05:31pm on Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.

Pixmania Logo

Discover a wide range of digital cameras at low prices. Buy cheap cameras from Sony and Canon. Share your photos thanks to digital photo frames.

Varnam Logo

Varnam offers digital photo frame with built-in memory & battery.