Sigma APO 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Lens
Sigma Press Release
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new APO 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC HSM lens. Specially designed for digital SLR cameras with an APS-C size image sensor, this large aperture F2.8 lens has a compact and lightweight construction of 76.3mm (3.0”) in diameter, 132.6mm (5.2”) in length and weighing just 780g (27.5oz) (Nikon Mount). The incorporation of the very latest optical technology gives optimum lens performance providing excellent correction for flare, ghosting and all types of aberrations. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. Four SLD(Special Low Dispersion)glass elements are used for utmost correction of chromatic aberrations. The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system ensures quiet and high-speed auto focusing with full time manual focus override. The addition of the 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters (optional extras) produces a 70-210mm F4 AF tele-zoom lens and a 100-300mm F5.6 AF ultra-telephoto zoom lens respectively.
* Compact and lightweight
* Incorporation of the very latest optical technology, high image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
* Four SLD?Special Low Dispersion?glass elements are used for utmost correction of chromatic aberrations.
* Equipped with HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) with full-time manual focus override.
* Compatible with Sigma 1.4x EX DG and 2x EX DG APO Tele-Converters
THE SPECIFICATIONS (Sigma mount)
* Focal Length : 50-150mm
* Minimum Aperture : F22
* Lens Construction : 18 Elements in 14 Groups
* Angle of View : 27.9°-9.5°
* Number of Diaphragm Blades : 9 pcs
* Minimum Focusing Distance : 100cm (39.4”)
* Maximum Magnification : 1:5.3
* Filter Size : 67mm
* Lens Hood : Bayonet Type
* Dimensions : Diameter 76.3mm (3.0”)X Length 135.1mm(5.3”)
* Weight : 770g/27.2oz
* The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):
FINALLY!!! There's a reason 70-200 was popular, now we have it back! I'd be content with the Sigma, but Canon, Nikon - are you listening? This focal length is crying for EF-s IS and DX VR versions...
Jason at 02:23pm on Friday, August 11, 2006
At a constant f/2.8 VR or IS would be much more expensive and make this lens much more a specialty item.
As is, it will probably be within my wallets reach.
phule at 08:50pm on Friday, August 11, 2006