Olympus mju 1040 Crystal
The Olympus mju 1040 Crystal is a special limited edition camera featuring a crystallized protective sliding lens barrier. A glittering arrangement of 98 crystallized Swarovski Elements is included on the camera’s black body. The special edition Olympus 1040 Crystal will be available from the end of October 2009 in limited quantities for £175.
Olympus UK Press Release
A match made in heaven
Limited edition Olympus Crystal camera
London, October 2008 – Bring more glamour into your life with the Olympus µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal. Based on the recently-introduced µ [mju:] 1040, this special limited edition model includes distinctive CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements that can easily be put on the camera’s sliding lens barrier. The ultra-slim µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal represents a perfect fusion of cutting-edge technology and sophisticated design – and will turn heads wherever it is taken.
This limited edition camera is available now for an approximate price of £175.
With the µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal, Olympus sets a new benchmark for elegance among digital cameras. A glittering arrangement of 98 CRYSTALLIZED™ – Swarovski Elements is included to adorn the protective sliding lens barrier. The camera’s Midnight Black colour provides a dramatic backdrop that makes the dazzling adhesive elements even more eye-catching.
But the µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal is not only a treat to look at. The 3x zoom camera delivers both style and substance. It’s just as much at home capturing the glamour at a fashion show as it is taking pictures of friends and family while on a weekend getaway. Stunning 10 Megapixel results are a cinch to attain. In addition to various scene modes, the innovative Intelligent Auto mode automatically distinguishes five of the most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings accordingly. Meanwhile, Face Detection Technology enables up to 16 people to be recognised by the camera to ensure human subjects are always perfectly depicted. The ensuing shots can then be viewed on high-contrast 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal LCD. And providing flexibility for image storage, the µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal is compatible with xD-Picture Card as well as – thanks to a bundled attachment – microSD Card.
The special edition µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal will be available from the end of October 2009 in limited quantities.
The Olympus µ [mju:] 1040 Crystal – main features:
· Miniature 3x optical zoom (38-114mm*) in super slim metal body (just 16.5mm at its thin end) to capture everything from great scenes to exciting close-ups
· 10 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
· The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
· Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces, plus correct exposure of other image areas
· 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal LCD for excellent previews even in brilliant sunlight
· Digital Image Stabilisation for less blur even in low light
· TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
· Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30 fps)
· xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
* Equivalent to a 35mm camera
microSD is a trademark of SD Card Association
Monday, October 13, 2008
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):