PhotographyBLOG

Name: Xpanded

Impossible B&W SX-70 Hard Color
Date: Feb 10, 2016
Name: Dizy tio

Latest Threads

MOST COMMENTS

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (514)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Impossible B&W SX-70 Hard Color (269)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (242)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

ARCHIVES

Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones
ShutterPoint

Pentax K20D Photos

Pentax K20D DubaiWe have a selection of 40 photos taken with a pre-production version of the new Pentax K20D DSLR canera and new smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL II zoom lens on a recent press trip to Dubai, UAE. Please note that as the K20D that I used was a pre-production version, therefore these images do not represent the quality of the final production camera.

Website: Pentax K20D Photos

Published: Thursday, January 24, 2008

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. nice pix, mediocre yet acceptable lens that unfortunately doesn't let one decide whether the extra pixels at work on this new camera are truly worth it or not? reliable tests of this kind have to be made using better lenses, and preferably a few studio shots added too. also, some tripod shots outside with the same 'cheap' lens could have done a great deal in terms of showing the performance of this camera.

Shawk Parson at 08:59am on Saturday, January 26, 2008

2. the photos are quite disappointing for a 14 mp camera. I have a k10d but the low light performance is poor. I get better results from my canon a640.

MIKE at 06:11pm on Saturday, January 26, 2008

3. Would like DSLR for work as Fine Art dealer, mainly sending detailed images by email to clients. They are very impressed with results from tiny Ricoh GRD, but being "greedy" I want more,but obviously from these images, megapixel size is less important than lens performance. Looks like my only chance is trying Pentax with prime lenses. These images, although subject matter and composition good,are poor quality.

William at 09:50pm on Monday, January 28, 2008

4. Interesting !

I'm I wrong if I say that many photos have optical resolution issues on the upper right of frame. Also, there is too much noise.

kestas at 03:45pm on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

5. At fotoaparat with 14Mpx that fotos are wery bad

Daniel at 05:24pm on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

6. I have a K10D, with which I am very pleased indeed: REALLY 4 stops of stabilisation with every lens, and a sensor cleaner that makes a real difference (although isn't perfect) And the option of DNG RAW files. But, before the noise/sensitivity problem is sorted out in low light situations, why on EARTH add 4 million totally superfluous photosites, that are only going to exacerbate the problem. This is yet another upgrade I am pleased to have avoided - I bought the Nikon Coolpix P5000 (my always with me camera)just before the 5100 appeared, and wow am I glad. More pixels in more space = more noise at higher sensitivity. Even I know that. For its price, the Pentax offers more, with more innnovations, than any other make (except perhaps Sony-Konica-Minolta, which is worth watching) for an advanced intro DSLR. I was researching for months before buying. Oh, and avoid the kit lens. Go for the Sigma 18-50 f2.8. It's excellent, and my local camera guru prefers it to the equivalent on his Canon Mark IIIa1++bI, or whatever it is he forked out $12000 for.

wonderer at 11:32pm on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

7. Oh, and P.S. You do effectively get a live-view function with the K10D, either via viewfinder (DoF) or the LCD (composition). You just don't get to wander around holding it in front of your face all the time.

wonderer at 11:38pm on Wednesday, January 30, 2008

8. Not at all impressive, and I really wanted to like this camera because I want an upgrade from my K100D.

Bill at 07:18pm on Friday, February 01, 2008

9. EXIF information is missing from the photos, making it impossible to know what ISO settings each image was taken with.

Could you please say something about this?

tc at 10:57am on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

10. Well, it looks like the K20D has already started shipping in the US and some lucky individuals have shared their thoughts and photos, which I'm compiling at http://www.dpnotes.com/pentax-k20d/

David Chin at 11:27am on Sunday, February 24, 2008

11. Stop accusing the camera..shoot the photog instead ;->

When taking pictures in the desert, on the beach or on snow, one has always have to give around 2 stops more exposure..

This is basic photo stuff guys...

Seth at 08:28pm on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

12. Im interested in exif info of the photos too, there is a lot of noise... if it was ISO 800 so its good...the same i have on my gx-10

Ondrej at 03:06pm on Saturday, March 01, 2008

13. I'm surprise that nobody saw the nice work the flash did on some of these picture. ISo 800 + flash in case of the dubay_38.jpg. and howh much detail we can see on the Tshirt of dubay_16.jpg.

I think that they maybe something more than meet the eyes there.
    I am a beginner on these matter but this
    look nice to me.
    Thanks for sharing these preview, because they are only preview we should consider them as such.
    Roger