10 Megapixel Pentax DSLR Camera
PMA 2006: Pentax have unveiled plans to launch a 10 megapixel DSLR camera, 21mm wide-angle lens and PENTAX 645 Digital medium format DSLR. All 3 products will be shown at PMA 2006. I have just arrived in Orlando, Florida (where it’s raining, just like London), and PhotographyBLOG will bring you more news about the Pentax 10mp DSLR on Sunday when PMA officially opens.
Pentax Press Release
PENTAX to Exhibit Upcoming Digital SLR Camera Products at PMA 2006 in the U.S.A.
PENTAX Corporation is pleased to announce the exhibition of three upcoming digital SLR camera products, all currently under development, at major trade shows in the U.S.A. They will be showcased at PMA 2006, America’s largest annual photographic merchandise trade show, to be held from February 26 to March 1 in Orlando, Florida.
1. [ Product type ] Lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera
Model name : To be announced
Product information :
* High-quality digital image reproduction with 10 effective megapixels
* Market launch tentatively scheduled for autumn 2006
2. Interchangeable uni-focal wide-angle lens for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
Model name ( tentative ) : smc PENTAX-DA 21mm F3.2AL Limited
* Compact, lightweight wide-angle lens designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras
* Wide-perspective coverage with a 68-degree angle of view ( equivalent in focal length to 32mm in the 35mm format, when mounted on a PENTAX *istD-series digital SLR camera body )
* PENTAX-original KAF lens mount
* Market launch tentatively scheduled for June 2006
3. Lens-interchangeable medium-format digital SLR camera
Model name ( tentative ): PENTAX 645 Digital
* Professional-quality digital image reproduction with 18 effective megapixels
* Kodak-developed extra-large CCD image sensor with 18.6 total megapixels ( tentative )
* PENTAX-original 645AF lens mount
* Compatibility with existing smc PENTAX 645 interchangeable lenses
Notes : Model names, designs, specifications and market launch schedules of these products are all tentative and subject to change without notice.