Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The 500GB HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA backups photos from memory cards on the go, without the need for a computer. Hyper fast UDMA 40MB/s backup speed ensures short waits between transfers, and ultra long battery performance allows 250GB of backups before recharging. The HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA features a 3.2” QVGA color screen and allows you to playback JPEG and true RAW images. Built-in memory card data recovery tools recover deleted, lost, formatted or corrupted data. When connected to a computer’s USB 2.0 port, the HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA operates like a normal hard drive. The 500GB HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA will be available from October for $599.
Update: We have a gallery of photos of the HyperDrive Colorspace UDMA - click the continue link below…
Sanho Press Release
SUNNYVALE, California USA. September 25, 2008 - Sanho Corporation (Photokina 2008 Hall 5.1 Booth A030), the maker of the award winning HyperDrive range of world’s fastest image storage devices has raised the speed and specifications bar again with the whooping 500GB HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA which is capable of downloading 2GB per minute with full data verification. It is also the only storage device in the market that can decode and display true RAW images from any camera on its color LCD screen. New data management, security and synchronization features round up what is probably the most advanced image storage on the market.
Designed for photographers on the move who require huge storage space or redundancy backup for their photos but do not wish to carry a laptop computer, the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA offers a very fast, reliable, yet compact and affordable solution. Travel Photographer of the Year 2005, Lorne Resnick have this to say, “Reliability is naturally vital. I found the HyperDrives in use to be flawless. I shot more than 5,000 images and downloaded all of them without a hitch. The actual speed of the drives was by far the most impressive. The difference it makes in the quality of your travel cannot be discounted.”
With lower dollar per GB costs than even the most affordable memory cards, HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA presents an attractive alternative to buying additional memory cards to meet the massive storage demands of high definition RAW image and video files.
While similar devices exist, HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA is undoubtedly the most well featured and specified storage device. Michael Reichmann of The Luminous Landscape said, “I have surveyed just about all of the devices currently available and spoke with quite a few photographers who own different ones, and to my mind the HyperDrive is the current king of the hill.”
The HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA is currently the fastest image storage device in the world, doubling the download speed of its predecessor. It is capable of UDMA 40MB/s transfer speed, backing up 2GB in 1 minute with full data verification. The faster speed coupled with a new higher capacity rechargeable lithium ion battery now allows up to 250GB of backups per battery charge. It is also the only image storage device in the world that can display true RAW images from virtually any digital camera, even medium format digital backs on its built-in high resolution QVGA color screen.
Data integrity and security is of utmost importance in the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA. Real-time CRC copy verification ensures data integrity of the backup without increasing the download time. S.M.A.R.T. monitors the hard drive status and look out for potential problems. Built-in data recovery tools recover formatted, deleted, lost or corrupted files from the memory card.
As tiny as any external USB hard drive, the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA is packed with features like JPEG and RAW image playback on its built-in high-resolution 3.2” QVGA color screen, which orientates automatically to portrait or landscape mode depending on how it is held. New features like data synchronization allows HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA to mirror its data with another HyperDrive device or external hard drive via USB OTG host technology. Incremental Backup allows the download of only new data on the card or USB device, skipping previously saved data. It is also the smallest and lightest image storage device to accept 14 different types of memory cards without the need for additional card adaptors.
Previously the domain of computers and specialized software, HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA now has the ability to perform advanced file management and speed benchmarks on memory cards and hard drives. For the first time, users are also able to write their own programming scripts to customize device operations.
HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA is the latest model from a line of successful HyperDrive products that have won consecutive Photoforum Product of the Year awards in 2007/2008 as well as prestigious international awards from the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) and Photo Marketing Association (PMA).
“Never has such a powerful mass storage device come in such a tiny and compact package,” said Lu Kang, Product Manager, Sanho Corporation. “Hyper fast transfer speed, ultra long battery life, true RAW picture playback, CRC copy verification and data recovery functions. Digital photographers have a portable storage device that would allow them to leave their laptops at home and make it unnecessary to own extra memory cards. With capacities up to 500GB, digital photographers have an enormous storage in their hands to capture as many photos without worrying about running out of space.”
Features and Benefits
* World’s fastest UDMA 40MB/s download speed - backup & verify 2GB memory card in 1 minute
* World’s largest 500GB high capacity SATA hard drive with built-in multiple partition format support. User upgradeable hard drive.
* World’s longest lasting rechargeable lithium-ion battery performance - up to 250GB of downloads per battery charge. Rechargeable via AC adapter, USB and 12V car charger
* Large 3.2” hi-res color LCD with auto orientation feature to allow screen to be viewed in portrait or landscape mode
* Fast real RAW image decoder/viewer capable of supporting any RAW image format including medium format cameras
* Zoom image in stages up to 100% pixel level to confirm image focus and fine detail
* R/G/B/L histogram, slideshow, EXIF information display and search photos by EXIF date
* Real time CRC data verification during the backup process with zero overhead on copy speed and time.
* S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) monitors internal hard drive for potential problems
* Memory card data recovery /unformat / undelete
* Supports incremental backup - backup only new data on memory card, skipping data that was copied previously
* High-speed USB 2.0 interface with OTG host support for fast (32MB/s) connectivity to computer or another USB device
* Programmable - user can write their own scripts to customize functions e.g. Backup RAW/JPEG to separate folders
* Advanced file manager with copy/cut/paste/delete, create new folder and sort file directory by name/date/type.
* Hard drive and memory card speed benchmark tools
* 2 slots supporting 14 of the most popular memory card types (CF Type I/II, MD, SD, SDHC, MMC, MS, MS MagicGate, MS Select, MS PRO, MS PRO MagicGate, xD, xD Type-M/H)
* Tiny and compact at just 5.25” x 2.95” x 1” (133 x 75 x 26 mm) and weighing only 10.5 ounce (298g)
The HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA internal hard drive (up to 500GB) provides an enormous amount of space to backup from memory cards on the go, without the need for computers. Hyper fast UDMA 40MB/s backup speed ensures short waits between transfers. Ultra long battery performance allows 250GB of backups before require recharging, useful for extended photo shoots. 3.2” QVGA color screen allows you to playback JPEG and true RAW images for confirmation. Built-in memory card data recovery tools recovers deleted, lost, formatted or corrupted data which is exceptionally useful especially when out in the field and without a computer. Host of data security and advanced tools give you independence from your computer. When connected to a computer’s USB 2.0 port, the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA operates like a normal hard drive. Transfer photos and any data files between the HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA and the host computer.
Price and Availability
The HyperDrive COLORSPACE UDMA will be available from October at the following manufacturer’s suggested retail price (80GB:$339, 120GB:$379, 160GB:$399, 250GB:$499, 320GB:$539, 500GB:$599). It will be available at all fine photo retail stores and http://www.hyperdrive.com