Canon SELPHY CP510, Canon SELPHY CP710 and Canon SELPHY DS810 Printers Announced
The Canon SELPHY CP510, Canon SELPHY CP710 and Canon SELPHY DS810 compact photo printers are announced. The SELPHY CP510 and CP710 are dye-sub models whilst the DS810 is an inkjet printer. The SELPHY CP510, CP710 and DS810 will be available from September and October 2005 priced £129 RRP inc VAT, £169 RRP inc VAT and £149 RRP inc VAT / €189 RRP inc. VAT, €249 RRP inc. VAT, €215.00 RRP inc. VAT respectively.
Canon UK Press Release
Canon drives home photo printing growth with three new SELPHY Printers
Canon, leader in photographic and imaging technology, is pleased to announce three new SELPHY Compact Photo Printers to its home photo printing line-up. Portable and stylish, SELPHY Printers offer direct photo printing from compatible digital still cameras, digital video cameras, mobile phones and PDAs, without the need for a PC. They produce durable 100-year photolab quality prints for as little as 22p per print.
The three new printers are:
· Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 – Great value, ultra-compact dye-sublimation direct printer for effortless one-minute photolab prints. Features Canon Direct Print and full PictBridge support. Highly compact with an integrated USB cable and optional battery pack for mobile printing.
· Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 – Versatile, ultra-compact, one-minute photolab dye-sublimation direct printer with memory card slots for increased flexibility. Features full PictBridge support and a 1.5” LCD monitor for convenient image preview, selection and printing. An integrated USB cable and optional battery pack add further portability.
· Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 – Compact, function-packed, creative direct ink jet printer with PictBridge support. Provides connection to popular memory cards, with iRDA and optional Bluetooth for printing to compatible camera phones. Features a FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) print head and 2 picolitre , 4800 x 1200 dpi resolution for 63-second photolab prints. Includes a 2.5” LCD monitor and integrated software for editing, enhancing and printing images.
The new additions to the SELPHY Compact Photo Printer range confirm Canon’s commitment to the home photo printing market, which saw 300% growth from March 2004 to March 2005.
“In an accelerating market, Canon’s unique heritage and expertise in imaging gives consumers more options on technology, connectivity, portability and pricing,” said Mogens Jensen, Head of Canon Consumer Imaging Europe.
The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 use a dye-sublimation printing process. Each dot that is laid down on the paper can have up to 256 gradation (intensity) levels per colour, dependant on the amount of heat applied. This enables Canon’s dye-sublimation printers to generate up to 16.8 million colours. Prints are finished with a durable, high-gloss, protective layer to guard against everyday splashes, spills and sticky fingers.
The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 uses Canon’s patented FINE technology, which employs long print heads with exceptionally high nozzle count and density. These print heads get more ink onto the media in less time than is possible with traditional inkjet technology, delivering millions of microscopic 2 picolitre droplets each second with extremely high consistency and accuracy from 10m diameter Micro-Nozzles. For improved fade resistance, the Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 supports Canon’s new ChromaLife100: a system of genuine Canon dye-based inks and specialised photo paper designed to work in concert with FINE print heads.
Both printing processes produce grain free prints with smooth tones, high colour fidelity and a 100-year lifespan1 that rival silver halide quality and longevity.
Printing made easy
The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 feature Canon Direct Print and a full range of PictBridge features, including Full Borderless Print, Date Print and Index Print. They also enable users to print ID photos and individual movie frames from compatible Canon cameras. For users without a Canon or PictBridge compatible camera, the Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710’s integrated memory card slots accommodate most popular memory cards.5 Users can control image selection and printing from the 1.5” LCD screen.
The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 supports direct printing from all PictBridge compatible cameras and allows printing from most popular memory cards5. When printing from memory cards, the intuitive 2.5” LCD monitor provides access to built-in editing features such as Red-Eye reduction, Noise Reduction and Face Brightener.
Printing from mobile phones is growing in popularity throughout Europe. The volume of photos printed from camera phones is forecast to grow from 1.4 billion in 2004 to over 9 billion in 2008 . An increasing number of mobile phones now support PictBridge, allowing connection with all three new SELPHY Compact Photo Printers. The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 also offers IrDA and optional BlueTooth® for printing from compatible camera phones, and an Image Optimiser function for enhancing print quality from camera phone images.
Stylish and portable
With a footprint smaller than an A5 page, the SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 are compact enough to be stored on a bookshelf or kept in a desk drawer. Their sleek contours and stylish finish are designed to suit any modern home. Compatible with an optional battery pack (NB-CP2L), they can be carried easily and used wherever is convenient. For added mobility, an optional made-to-measure carrying bag (DCC-CP1) is available. With retractable USB cables, the Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 overcome the frustration of missing leads.
With its smooth contemporary lines, the compact Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 is designed to look at home next to living room appliances such as TVs and Hi-Fi systems. Combining style with ease of use, the large bright LCD monitor is centrally located next to the printer’s intuitive control buttons for quick and easy image selection, editing and printing.
Plenty of print options
A wide range of no-fuss, combined Ink and Paper Sets are available for the Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510. Users can reduce printing costs to 22p per print with Canon’s KP-108IP Value Pack, containing 108 sheets of postcard size media. Other media types include:
· 100 x 148 mm postcard size (KP-36IP, KP-72IP, KP-108IP)
· 100 x 200 mm wide size (KW-24IP)
· 54 x 86 mm credit card size (KC-36IP)
· Credit card size stickers (KC-18IF)
· Credit card mini stickers – eight stickers per card (KC-18IL)
The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 creates prints on a variety of media finishes from ultra glossy to satin. Media types available include:
· 4” x 6” postcard size - Photo Paper Pro (PR-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101), Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-101), Glossy Photo Paper (GP-401), Glossy Photo Paper Everyday Use (GP-501)
· 5 x 9 cm credit card size (GP-401)
· 4” x 6” mini stickers – 16 stickers per page (PS-101)
The new SELPHY Compact Photo Printers come supplied with Easy-PhotoPrint for printing from a Windows PC, It includes features such as Face Sharpening for out-of-focus face correction, Red Eye Correction and Digital Face Smoothing to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
For connection and printing from Macintosh systems, the Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP710 and Compact Photo Printer SELPHY CP510 include ImageBrowser 5.5. The Compact Photo Printer SELPHY DS810 comes supplied with a version of Easy-PhotoPrint for Macintosh.
The SELPHY CP510, CP710 and DS810 will be available from September and October 2005 priced £129 RRP inc VAT, £169 RRP inc VAT and £149 RRP inc VAT / €189 RRP inc. VAT, €249 RRP inc. VAT, €215.00 RRP inc. VAT respectively.