Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Adobe today launched its subscription-based Creative Cloud service. Touted as “a new option for purchasing and experiencing Adobe software innovation,” Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work, and provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today. Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview and new tools for HTML5 design. Members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge. Adobe Creative Cloud membership will be available qithin 30 days. Pricing for individuals is £38.11 per month based on annual membership and £57.17 per month for month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of £22.23 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available. Note that the quoted fees do not include VAT.
Adobe Press Release
Adobe Launches Creative Cloud
Powerful New Adobe CS6 Release at Heart of Transformative Creative Cloud Initiative
London, UK — April 23, 2012 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® Creative Cloud™, a radical new way of providing tools and services* that will change the game for creatives worldwide. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centred around a powerful release of Adobe Creative Suite® 6 software (see separate release), packed with innovation across its industry-defining design, Web, video and digital imaging tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
· Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
· Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronising and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
· Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
· Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
· Adobe Creative Cloud membership is £38.11 ex VAT per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of £22.23 ex VAT per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Creative Suite 6, Innovative HTML5 Tools Anchor Creative Cloud
· CS6 includes landmark releases of industry icons such as Adobe Photoshop® CS6 (see separate release), Adobe InDesign® CS6, Adobe Illustrator® CS6, Adobe Dreamweaver® CS6, Adobe Premiere® Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects® CS6, Adobe Flash® Professional CS6 and more. With Creative Cloud membership, creatives can download and install all of the 14 new Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.
· Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview, new tools for HTML5 design and development that demonstrate Adobe’s commitment to the latest Web standards.
Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools
· Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch tools with CS6 desktop applications.
· Adobe Touch Apps bring professional-level creativity to tablet devices and address multiple areas of the creative process: image editing, ideation, sketching, mood board creation, website and mobile app prototyping, and the presentation of finished work.
· Photoshop Touch and Adobe Ideas have already proved runaway hits on the iPad and Android tablets. Three additional tools, available on Android today, will be coming to iPad soon: Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut and Adobe Proto.
· A new desktop app, Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, enables the syncing, sharing and storing of files across mobile devices and desktop.
· Creative Cloud membership includes up to 20GB of cloud storage, with additional storage purchase options coming soon.
Creative Cloud Publishing Services Streamline Website and App Creation
· Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
· Members have immediate access to Adobe Typekit, the Web-based font library that pioneered the use of real fonts on websites, delivering more than 700 typefaces from leading foundries.
· New Web hosting capabilities, integrated as part of Adobe Creative Cloud membership, allow users to easily create and host high-impact websites. The Integration between Adobe Muse, Typekit and the Web hosting capabilities power a new simplified workflow for delivering high-impact websites.
Members Receive Ongoing Delivery of New Applications, Services and Features
Creative Cloud members will receive ongoing updates to Creative Suite applications as well as other new products and services as they emerge. Coming in the future to Adobe Creative Cloud are:
· Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4, the desktop software tool that enables photographic perfection from shoot to finish; the first complete release of Adobe Edge, a ground-breaking HTML5 development tool; and Digital Publishing Suite Single Edition, the technology behind the delivery of digital magazines on iPad.
· Creative Cloud will also include training, support and community features that drive meaningful connections between creatives worldwide.
Live Streamed Webcast
The launch event for Adobe Creative Cloud and CS6 will be streamed live today beginning at 6pm GMT, April 23 at http://www.adobe.com/special/cs6/launch-event.html and will be available there as a continuous rebroadcast from 7pm – midnight GMT on April 23. An on-demand version will be available at http://tv.adobe.com beginning April 24.
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now. Adobe Creative Cloud membership will be available to customers in 36 countries and in multiple languages. Pricing for Creative Cloud membership for individuals is £38.11 ex VAT per month based on annual membership and £57.17 ex VAT per month for month-to-month membership. A special introductory offer of £22.23 ex VAT per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available. Learn more at http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativecloud.html.
Adobe continues to offer 14 CS6 point-products as well as Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium (£1,509 ex VAT), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard (£1,032 ex VAT), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (£1,509 ex VAT) and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (£2,223 ex VAT) for purchase. Upgrade pricing is also available to eligible customers. Customers can purchase Creative Suite 6 via adobe.com/uk and through select retail, resellers and online stores. More information on product pricing is available at http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativesuite.html.
Adobe Touch Apps can be purchased separately from the iTunes App Store‡ or Google Play for £6.99 each. Special offers for Adobe Touch Apps are available for customers who sign up for annual membership of Adobe Creative Cloud. For more details visit http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/touchapps.html