Affinity v1.6 Adds Performance Enhancements and a Light User Interface
Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The new 1.6 versions of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer are even faster, smoother and more powerful than before. Also, for a limited period, buyers of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer will be able to claim a bundle of creativity-boosting extra goodies totally free of charge. The v1.6 update is available free of charge to existing owners of the Affinity desktop apps.
Serif Press Release
Amazing performance enhancements and the option of a light UI are among the additions in the latest versions of Affinity’s award-winning professional desktop apps, available today.
And for a limited period, buyers of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer will be able to claim a bundle of creativity-boosting extra goodies totally free of charge.
The new versions 1.6 of the acclaimed apps are even faster, smoother and more powerful than before. Valuable added features, such as brush stabilisation and enhanced text handling, sit alongside a realm of useful performance tune-ups and improvements.
Already loved by customers for their no-subscription ethos and one-off £48.99 / $49.99 / 54,99€ purchase price (subject to regional currency variations), the added content bundles make Affinity apps unrivalled value for money. In fact the free content alone would cost more than the app, if bought separately.
Video: Round-up of new features in Affinity v1.6 https://vimeo.com/240969686
Ashley Hewson, Managing Director of Affinity developer Serif, says: “Affinity apps are all about enabling you to work faster – whether it’s a quick design draft or photo edit, or a painstaking, complex document involving hundreds of layers or stacked images.
“Our apps are already a trusted part of the workflow for creative professionals around the world. The latest versions build on those proven capabilities to deliver lightning speed, pinpoint accuracy and incredible processing power like never before.”
Until 16 November, buyers of Affinity Photo, Serif’s pro photo editing app, will receive bonus content worth around £105:
· Dirk Wüstenhagen Fine Art Texture Collection: containing 99 beautifully crafted, high-resolution textures
· Uplift Epic Skies Overlays: a versatile collection of 50 striking cloud overlays
· Macro Pack: a stunning set of image styles, light leaks and distortions
Vector design app Affinity Designer – winner of an Apple Design Award after launch in 2015 – comes with bonus content worth around £60:
· Frankentoon Texturizer Pro Brush Pack: containing 70+ high-quality brushes created exclusively for Affinity Designer
· Tom Chalky Handcrafted Fonts & Textures: a valuable bundle of stylish fonts and more than 80 high-resolution textures
· Grade UI Kit: Including more than 1000 fully-customisable elements, icons, panels and buttons
Affinity Photo and Designer for Mac are available to buy from the App Store, with full optimisation for macOS High Sierra. Windows users can buy direct from Affinity’s website, www.affinity.serif.com
Free trials are also available from the website – including for users who have trialled the apps before and were previously unable to download a second trial.
Ashley Hewson adds: “People who tried us out before, particularly in the early days, will find that Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer have come a very long way. To acknowledge that, we’re hitting the ‘reset’ button so they can take another look at how we’ve developed.”
The v1.6 update is available free of charge to existing owners of the Affinity desktop apps. They can also claim the free content bundles, by following the prompts in the app, before the offer closes on 16 November.
Some of the main improvements and additions in v1.6 are:
· New light UI option
· New stroke stabiliser for all pencil and brush tools
· New "Edit In" integration with Apple Photos (Affinity Photo only)
· Metal 2 accelerated view optimised for macOS High Sierra
· Improved view pan/zoom performance
· Improved performance with large documents
· New font chooser dropdown with recents, used fonts and favourites
· New Glyph browser
· Align to key items
· Text frame vertical alignment options
· Fit frame to text
· Custom brush wet edges (Affinity Photo only)
· Outlier stacking mode (Affinity Photo only)
· Improved Photoshop Plugin support (Affinity Photo only)
· Improved Live Filters performance (Affinity Photo only)
· Many PDF export improvements including vector export of multi-stop gradients
· 360 image roll correction (Affinity Photo only)
· Numerous bug fixes and other improvements