Akvis Refocus has been updated to Version 5.0. This release brings a new refocusing algorithm, expanded raw image file support, minor bug fixes and improved compatibility with Adobe Photoshop CC 2014. Registered users of Refocus can upgrade to version 5.0 for free by downloading and installing the new version.
Akvis Press Release
AKVIS Refocus 5.0 Makes Your Photos In Focus! The Best After Camera Solution
August 28, 2014 -- AKVIS announces the release of AKVIS Refocus v.5.0 for Windows and Mac OS X. The software improves sharpness of out of focus images and adds lens blur effects to photos. Version 5.0 provides a new refocusing algorithm.
AKVIS Refocus has been updated to version 5.0! The product is available as a standalone program and as a Photoshop plugin, for Windows and Macintosh.
The software is your indispensable assistant for enhancing out of focus images, as well as for adding bokeh and lens blur effects to your photos. With the program you can process the entire photo or bring into focus only certain parts using the selective focus technique.
The software works in three modes: Refocus, Tilt-Shift, and Iris Blur. The 1st mode makes photos sharp and clear, the other two help to blur a background gradually creating a miniature effect or giving your photo the appearance of a shallow depth of field.
The software is easy-to-use, even for novices. To get started quickly, the program offers a number of presets. You can compare before and after states.
The new version provides significant improvements.
In Version 5.0:
- New algorithm for Refocus mode is available! It includes the cutting edge image processing method with the intelligent adjustment of different types of sharpness and blur that allows you bring your photos into focus.
- The old variant is available for activating in the program preferences. When the corresponding check-box is enabled, the Settings Panel displays the old parameters, and the presets created in previous versions appear in the list.
- For the plugin version, compatibility with Photoshop CC 2014 has been improved.
- The list of supported RAW files has been extended.
- Also, some minor bugs have been fixed.
Registered users of Refocus can upgrade to version 5.0 for free by downloading and installing the new version.
Download AKVIS Refocus v.5.0. For a free trial, AKVIS offers 10 days of fully functional use.
The software runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win 8 and on Mac OS X 10.6-10.9.
The product sells for $39.00, downloadable from akvis.com. The functionality depends on the license type. During the trial period you can try all options and choose the license you like. Consult the comparison table for more details about license types and versions of Refocus.
AKVIS (http://akvis.com) specializes in development of image processing software. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released a number of successful products: standalone applications and Photoshop plugins for Windows and Mac.