Akvis has released version 15 of Akvis Sketch, a program that turns digital photos into pencil sketches and watercolour, charcoal, and pastel drawings. This update offers new options to set colours for the pencil strokes and background, new presets in both Classic and Artistic styles, new Share feature, compatibility with Photoshop CC, and a range of other improvements. Akvis Sketch runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win 8 and on Mac OS X 10.4-10.8, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and sells for $72/€55.
Akvis Press Release
Pencil Sketches from Your Photos with AKVIS Sketch v.15!
Now with Advanced Color Changing and New Share Feature
September 4, 2013 -- AKVIS announces the release of AKVIS Sketch V.15 for Windows and Mac OS X. The software turns photos into pencil drawings. Version 15 offers new options to set colors for the pencil strokes and background, new presets in both Classic and Artistic styles, new Share feature, compatibility with Photoshop CC, and other improvements.
AKVIS Sketch has been updated to Version 15. It is the most popular photo-to-sketch software that won the recognition of professionals and delighted home users with its neat results.
The program transforms digital photos into pencil sketches and charcoal drawings; it can also add the watercolor and pastel effects to the picture. The software really competes with hand drawn art! It's a wonderful tool for those who have always wanted to draw but didn't know how.
AKVIS Sketch offers two drawing styles: Classic and Artistic, each with a number of ready-to-use presets, that help you create various pencil sketches. You can also achieve additional effects using the Background, Canvas, and Text tabs. Thanks to the Batch Processing feature it's possible to make comics or cartoons from videos. The program works in an entertaining way. You can observe the conversion of a photo into a drawing in real time and interrupt the process when the required result is achieved. The Timeline feature creates the stepwise shots during image processing, from start to finish, from which you can choose the most liking results. The software helps to spur your creativity!
The product is available for everyone on Windows and Mac OS X platforms: the Standalone version is targeted at the customers who prefer regular applications, the Plugin is popular among the users working with photo editors such as Adobe Photoshop, Corel Paint Shop Pro, and others.
What’s New in Version 15.0:
- New Pencil Color and Background Color options give you more flexibility and control over the colors in your drawing. Now it is not only possible to create black and white or color drawings. With the new options you can specify colors for the pencil strokes and paper.
- Watch the video that demonstrates the new features.
- New Presets have been added for both styles. Now the software is equipped with 87 ready-to-use AKVIS presets (35 in Classic style, 52 in Artistic style).
- New Share option has been added, that lets posting pictures from the program to the social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Google+. Now you can publish your newly created drawing in your favorite networks and show your work of art to your friends quickly.
- The plugin version is now fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CC.
- The installation process for Windows has been improved. Now two setup files are available: for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Fixed some bugs and interface glitches which occurred when switching Classic/Artistic styles.
- For a free trial, AKVIS offers 10 days of fully functional use. Details are available at the Product Page.
- Users of versions 9 through 14 of Sketch can upgrade to the new version for free.
- Those who have an older version (v.1-8) will need to pay for an upgrade to the current version.
The software runs on Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win 8 and on Mac OS X 10.4-10.8, both 32 bit and 64 bit.
AKVIS Sketch sells for $72 USD or € 55 EUR, downloadable from akvis.com. The functionality of the program depends on the license type. Consult the website for more details about license types and versions of Sketch.
About the Company
AKVIS (http://akvis.com) specializes in development of image processing software and scientific research. The company was founded in 2004 by IT professionals having considerable experience in programming and software development. Since then the company has released a number of successful programs.