All Nik Software Plug-ins Compatible with Photoshop CS6

May 16, 2012 | Zoltan Arva-Toth | Software | 19 Comments |

Nik Software announced today that all of its plug-in products and trial versions have been tested and found to be compatible with the newly released Photoshop CS6, The compatibility testing has been done with the latest versions, which include Dfine 2.110, Viveza 2.007m Cikir Efex Pro 4.002, Silver Efex Pro 2.004, Sharpener Pro 3.008, HDR Efex Pro 1.204 (Mac) and HDR Efex Pro 1.203 (Windows).

Nik Press Release

Nik Software News Flash: Complete Collection is Compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS6

Leading photography software developer Nik Software (http://www.niksoftware.com) announced today that all of its plug-in products and trial versions have been tested and have been found to be compatible with the newly released Adobe® Photoshop® CS6.  The compatibility testing has been done with the latest versions of Nik Software’s plug-in products.  To ensure that you have the latest version of our products visit http://www.niksoftware.com/downloads.

The current versions are:
• Dfine 2: Mac – 2.110; Windows – 2.110
• Viveza 2: Mac – 2.007; Windows – 2.007
• HDR Efex Pro: Mac – 1.204; Windows – 1.203
• Color Efex Pro 4: Mac – 4.002; Windows – 4.002
• Silver Efex Pro 2: Mac – 2.004; Windows – 2.004
• Sharpener Pro 3: Mac – 3.008; Windows – 3.008

About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. develops award-winning desktop and mobile software solutions and technologies for the professional digital imaging and consumer photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic products and technologies, including its patented U Point® technology. The company’s products have won over 100 top industry awards for quality and innovation.  Its first ever mobile app, Snapseed received iPad App of the Year in the App Store Rewind 2011 and the International TIPA Award 2012 for Best Mobile Photo App. In 2011, the company earned the International TIPA Award for Best Photo Software for its Complete Collection of professional photography products,

#1 pariska.com

These plug-ins were not quite compatible with previous photoshop. How come they suddenly work better with the next one?

12:03 am - Thursday, May 17, 2012

#2 Anon

Silver Efex 2 Pro crashes in some cases.

11:01 pm - Sunday, May 20, 2012

#3 Nik

None but Color Efex Pro 4 work on mine :(
Worked fine at Cs5 but not since moving to CS6

2:30 pm - Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#4 robbrown

Silver Efex 2 Pro crash's on mine too...

11:31 am - Friday, June 1, 2012

#5 Mark Polis

DFine crashes my Ps CS6 every time and I've lost lots of work because of it. All Nik's other plug-ins work fine. Very frustrating.

4:52 am - Monday, June 4, 2012

#6 Karen

I've the exact problem as Mark. Dfine is crashing Ps CS6 every single time, while the other plug-ins are working fine. I've uninstalled, got the freshest version, re-installed (I notice the folder it creates is called Dfine for Lightroom so maybe that's the only place it works).

5:31 am - Thursday, June 21, 2012

#7 Michael Nelson

HDR Efex 2 crashes Photoshop CS6 every single time I use it. Sometimes it crashes as soon as I load the plugin, sometimes it crashes after I do the work and save the output file, but it crashes CS6 every time.

6:46 pm - Sunday, July 22, 2012

#8 Linh Nguyen

I have the exact same problem as Michael. Everything other plug-in I have works, but HDR Efex 2 crashes CS6 as soon as I run it. I can't even uninstall the damn thing. Always give me the Au_.exe has stopped working.

10:37 am - Saturday, August 4, 2012

#9 Karen

I had a couple of long on-line convos with a NIK Software guy over this, and apparently it has to do with the Font Book on a Mac. Now I haven't made ANY changes to my FontBook, I didn't even know what it was. But he said that the plug-ins use specific fonts. And if the font isn't there, then the plug-in will crash. It worked fine with CS5 and Elements, so it seems (assumption here) that the installation of CS6 changed my fonts. BUT -- if that's what it has to do with, then the installation of the plug-ins should include the font that it requires. My problem with Dfine was never resolved. The next suggestion was that I mess with my Mac OS installation, and change permissions, etc. I'm not ready to do that -- it shouldn't be necessary just to work with a plug-in that worked before, and where every other app I have works. So I've switch to Topaz. (oh, and since that time -- Silver Efex has started crashing).

2:21 pm - Saturday, August 4, 2012

#10 kodl

Color flex 4 is NOT compatible with Photoshop CS6 installed in Win7 Ultimate x64. Net is just full of people complaining about that. Nik tech. supp. was giving me very nonprofessional advices, which I followed with no solution. Nik Software marketing skills are very amateurish. They did not solved this problem for more than a year.

6:58 pm - Sunday, August 12, 2012

#11 Adam Finan

Same issue here, using Windows 8 x64 with CS6 x64, some Nik plugins work, others just crash.

I have all of them and can only use HDR, Sharpener Pro and Silver Efex, the rest crash. However I can open them outside of PS, but not much point as you cant get images into them.

Utter rubbish from NIK, not sure how they tested them, but the proof is here, THEY DONT WORK PROPERLY!!

1:41 pm - Saturday, September 22, 2012

#12 johnny

I was trying to uninstall Nik and i was always getting the message au_.exe has stopped working. I searched the web and i saw that there are so many sites that saying that they have the solution and they always suggest a programm to install that fixes your problem. IT IS FAKE! You get to buy the programm without any need for it, because the au_.exe is an exe the put in every cracked programm they give for free via torrent etc.
Just erase the folders of Nik and it will dissappear.
If you press in google au_.exe you will see that every site is selling (at first for free and then you have to buy)

6:12 pm - Friday, November 2, 2012

#13 sean

wen photoshop cs6 loading it crash for 10min for reading color efex 4 !!!
how i can solve it?

12:50 pm - Saturday, January 5, 2013

#14 Rambler Man

Only some are compatible with windows 8 and Niksoft are not willing to discuss it. 3 times they removed my question/comment from their Facebook page- have Google decided to move in a different direction?

10:41 am - Wednesday, February 13, 2013

#15 aie

When i install all the nik collection my photoshop cs6 stopped to working, what can i do to fix the problem?! please help! thanks.

1:17 am - Monday, June 3, 2013

#16 Roger Trips

Sharpener 3.0 Not work in my CS6.
Did not find the host application during installation. The application starts normally but I can not open any image, even .Raw file.

Any idea?

4:33 pm - Monday, August 5, 2013

#17 FatBoyfocus

Just tried this and my CS6 crashes everytime.
Old'ish laptop but, running core 2 duo on HP G70
Anyone else got the same laptop or specs and managed to get it to work?

6:12 am - Sunday, September 15, 2013

#18 mazliex

is NIK run at Windows 8?

7:10 pm - Thursday, February 6, 2014

#19 DMac

I just installed NIK Collection, and find it will not work with certain jpeg files, while working fine with others. Yet those same two different jpeg files, that NIK has problems with (and crashes Photoshop CS6 Mac every time(, have absolutely no problem running on all Kubots Dashboard, Alien Skin, or all twelve of my Topaz bundle Photoshop plug-ins.

I only have the problem with NIK Collection, and like all Google related software, it's crap! I will probably be deleting all traces of NIK Collection Photoshop plug-Ins from my Mac soon …. what BUGGY garbage NIK Photoshop Plug-Ins for CS6 are !

2:30 am - Wednesday, April 2, 2014