Updated 26/6: Luminar's "Neptune" update is out now with Accent AI, an AI photo filter!
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
The BenQ G1 is a new digital compact camera with an f/1.8-4.9 lens and a swivelling rear screen. Billed as the world’s slimmest camera in its class, the BenQ G1 is built around a 14-megapixel sensor and a 24-110mm equivalent lens that features optical image stabilisation and an ultra-bright f/1.8 maximum aperture at the wide end. Constructed of seven elements - including one aspherical lens element - in six groups, the lens was designed by BenQ themselves and is built using a high-transmission and part-glass lens material. The articulated, 3-inch screen offers a resolution of 920,000 dots and a wide colour gamut for more saturated colours and realistic images. Other highlights include full HD video capture, a mode dial with manual and semi-automatic shooting modes, a ‘Handheld Night Shot’ mode, a ‘Background Defocus’ filter, several creative filters and a continuous shooting mode of 6 frames per second. The price has yet to be communicated.
Benq Press Release
The All New BenQ G1 – Turn Your World Around
World’s Slimmest F1.8 Swivel-Screen Digital Camera*
BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations, proudly announces the launch of the world’s slimmest F1.8 swivel-screen digital camera* – G1.
“Optical technology is making continuous advancement at BenQ. It is an exciting day today for us to introduce G1, the world’s slimmest F1.8 bright lens swivel-screen camera*.” says Peter Chen, EVP and General Manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. “Everyone in BenQ who worked on G1 showed great devotion to providing our customers a total imaging solution, and have proudly equipped this camera with an abundance of functions and features, hopeful of bringing joy to our valued customers. It offers a wide array of choices for their photography needs, without compromising on the quality.”
This BenQ designed lens, constructed from seven lenses in six groups to build the world slimmest F1.8 swivel-screen digital camera*, has an aspherical lens element that improves focus and image integrity. The F1.8 bright lens is constructed with a high-transmission and part-glass lens material allowing more visual light to transmit through the lens in low light environments. The 4.6x optical lens, complemented with a 24mm wide-angle lens and lens-shift O.I.S, can take beautiful bokeh pictures with a shallow depth of field as it significantly blurs the background, generating a surreal, professional and romantic imagery.
Turn your world around with the 3” 920k pixel swivel-screen on the 14Mpixel CMOS senor, G1. This beautifully crafted swivel-screen uses AUO panel that has a wide color gamut that significantly improved optical performance for more saturated colours and realistic images. A sharper, clearer picture can be seen on the high contrast screen and faithful presentation of images and videos from all angles are possible. What’s more, the view is clear even under the outdoor sun.
The all-in-one mode dial on G1 allows users to easily switch between commonly used features:
• ‘Handheld Night Shot’ allows users to capture the beauty of the night effortlessly without using a tripod. This is made possible as this feature makes 6 exposures of the image into one single photograph each time the shutter button is pressed. On G1, this is further perfected with ‘Exclusive Image Registration’ and ‘Ghost Image Removal’ technologies to help deliver clear pictures.
• The ‘Background Defocus’ mimics the hallmarks of a professional-level DSLR camera and creates attractive and natural background blurs. The soft bokeh effect is simulated as G1 automatically captures two shots with different depth of field and layers them together, so users will have perfect compositions without the need for expensive lenses.
• People with active lifestyle are usually full of actions. Ever missed the perfect shot by a few milliseconds? Use the ‘Continuous Burst’ and get 6 full resolution shots in one second and hold onto the shutter for continuous bursts. Capture every single precious moment and never miss the perfect shot again!
• Under the ‘Filter’ feature, BenQ G1 provides ‘MagiQ filter’ creating dream-like and surreal images – like magic, with a touch of intensity; ‘HDR-art’ to automatically adjust the strength of contrasts, creating a stunning artistic image; whilst ‘Oil painting’ and ‘Sketch’ lets users explore the conventional artists within themselves; and ‘Colour accent’ to emphasize one of the colours within an image – be it the lips of a love one or a simple scenery in the marketplace.
• ‘Scene Mode’ provides 20 scene selections to the users, including ‘Lomo, ‘Fisheye’, ‘Toy’ and ‘360° Panorama’ – Be it instant access from pre-set modes or manual mode from ‘P/Av/Tv/M mode’ with 14 aperture choices – It is perfect for telling a photographic story in a personal way. BenQ believes that complexity does not have to be included in the fun of manual photography.
Don’t be a follower, take the lead and turn the world around. With BenQ G1, great moments can be captured at every turn. This applies not only to amazing photographs, but also enjoy the freedom of shooting in 1080p Full HD anywhere, anytime – from any angle with BenQ G1.
Please visit BenQ G1 product page for more information.
* Compared to 2012 Q2 DSLR-like swivel-screen cameras built with bright lens.
Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.