Billed as the first dedicated iPad 2 camera app, Camera Boost offers a a range of effects that are applied in real time to the live view feed as well as the photos captured. Utilising the full potential of the iPad 2’s A5 processor, Camera Boost allows users to mix and match a large number of effects at the same time. The app supports both the front and the rear camera, and comes with a built-in photo album with an image viewer. You can also share the photos via Facebook, Flickr and email. Camera Boost 1.0 is available now on iTunes for $2.99.
Interealtime Press Release
The first dedicated iPad2 camera app - Camera Boost
Apple’s new iPad2 is so powerful that it makes a new generation of apps possible. Like a new type of camera that simplifies the process of shoot, fix, process, share. Interealtime’s Camera Boost 1.0 does exactly that, applying fixes and post-process effects directly and viewed in realtime in the live camera view. With finished, processed, high quality photos saved instantly on the spot and shared from within the app, photography on the iPad just got easier, faster, and a lot more elegant.
Warrington, United Kingdom - iOS developers, Interealtime today is pleased to announce the release of Camera Boost - the first dedicated iPad2 camera app. This is not a photo editor or a camera that ‘develops’ effects later. Apple’s powerful new A5 processor means that the image enhancements, filters and effects can now be viewed in realtime in the live camera view while shooting, taking some of the guesswork out of creative photography.
It’s very easy to use. The live camera view is always on screen. As you select various enhancements and effects, you see the result immediately in the live view. Add as many as you want, tweaking and combining them to get the look you want. Got it looking “just so”? Tap the Photo button at any time to take a picture - it’s saved to the album instantly, where you can share to Facebook, flickr, email , etc.
Camera Boost has a good range of image enhancements, filters and stylish effects that will transform your pictures, improving image quality or adding creative photo effects. You can mix and match filters to create a wide range of looks - how about a cleaner, sharper photo with brighter colors? Or a retro washed out look? Or a softer black and white style, or even false color like a thermal camera. There’s no limit to how many effects you can use at once - the camera is always fast and responsive and shoots instantly.
* Many live enhancements and effects, most are adjustable
* All effects previewed live on screen while you are shooting (full size and quality, full motion)
* Add as many effects as you like
* Incredible speed, even with many effects applied at once
* Zero processing time when you take a photo
* Full resolution photo size. Edges are not cut to fit the photo on screen like the iPad’s built-in app
* Front and rear cameras supported
* Powerful 4x digital zoom
* Built-in photo album with image viewer
* Share photos to Facebook, Flickr, Email and the iPad photo library
* Uses the full power of the iPad2’s new A5 processor
* Exposure - enhances shadows and dark areas in night-time shots
* Sharpen - enhances detail
* Soften - reduces sharp edges / image noise
* Saturation - make colors stronger or muted, even black and white
* Hue shift - shifts colors - warmer or cooler
* Select Color - black and white plus the selected color - see screenshots
* Colorize - colors entire photo with a single shade
* Color Negative
* Thermal - thermal imaging style false color effect
* Posterize - uses limited range of colors for a poster-like effect
* Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 0.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Camera Boost 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Camera Boost 1.0: http://www.interealtime.com/iphone-ipod-ipad-apps/camera-boost-ipad-app.html
Purchase and Download: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id432017065