Camera Lens Cap Holder

June 6, 2011 | Mark Goldstein | Accessories | 11 Comments |

The Camera Lens Cap Holder makes sure that you won’t lose a lens cap again. Mark Stevenson’s lens cap holder allows you to securely attach a camera’s lens cap to your neck strap or camera bag. Initially there will be ten lens cap sizes. 52mm, 55mm, 72mm & 77mm for Nikon, Pentax, Fujifilm, Sony, Pro-series and vintage lenses, 46mm, 58mm & 67mm for M4/3, Cannon and Nikon lenses, and 40.5mm, 49mm & 62mm for M4/3, Olympus and vintage lenses.

The Camera Cap Holder secures your camera’s lens cap to the neck strap or camera bag.

The design is elegantly simple; a single part that threads onto a camera’s neck strap.  A circular recess in the body allows a lens cap to be attached just like putting it on the lens.  Just press the release mechanism already in your lens cap and engage or disengage with the Lens Cap Holder.  The cap holder does not require any modification to the camera or lens cap, while keeping the lens cap secure and out of the way.  The Lens Cap Holder comes in 10 different lens cap sizes and is currently looking for investors over at Kickstarter.  A $15 donation gets you a preproduction holder.

Check it out at: http://kck.st/k8NzWw

#1 gopro hd hero

Wow what a simply elegant solution!
I can't believe this isn't being made already. I know my wife is always sticking her cap in random places and it's always a hassle for her. I wish this was already a product I could buy for my girls Bday. I guess I will have to goto Kick Starter and pledge. Good find! :)

1:49 pm - Monday, June 6, 2011

#2 Virginia Malekovic

This is such a great idea. We take some many action shots of the kids and it is great not to have to worry about losing the lens cover and scratching your camera lens

2:15 pm - Monday, June 6, 2011

#3 Tom Ulrich

If I were the guy taking that photo, I'd be more worried about losing my whole camera. One wrong move and that EOS is going off the edge of his deck.

2:22 pm - Monday, June 6, 2011

#4 John

Simple ideas are often the best.

But one problem I foresee is that with a range of ten cap sizes and differing camera strap widths this could become a shop's stock control nightmare. If it can be made into a one-size-fits-all then Mr Stevenson could become an overnight millionaire!

I simply put my lens cap in my pocket. Works fine most of the time, but occasionally it comes out covered in pocket debris....

3:41 pm - Monday, June 6, 2011

#5 Greg

I need this!! This is amazing!

8:25 pm - Monday, June 6, 2011

#6 Cal

It is almost embarrassing how many camera lend cover we have found in our cars over the years. A clip to hold them would seem like a brilliant idea!

2:09 am - Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#7 Golfzilla

Another solution is to have a routine for the lens cap. My lens cap ALWAYS goes into the front left hand pocket of my pants.

5:56 pm - Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#8 MAP

This looks like a great idea! I have an SLR camera and I keep heading back to Best Buy to buy new camera lens caps. When am I going to be able to buy one of these in the stores? Oh wait ... I already pledged for one on kickstarter.com so I will have mine as soon as he ships them out! Awesome Idea! I wish I had thought of it!!!

5:43 am - Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#9 Marsha

Found this new lens cap AND filter holder! ReadyCap (http://www.readycap.com) camera lens cap and filter holder. ReadyCap holders are designed to hold both camera lens filters and camera lens caps, either separately or simultaneously, while they are not on the camera. The ReadyCap system allows users to use one base with individual adapters to accommodate up to15 different camera lens sizes. It attaches to various straps, belts, or bags and is made in USA of strong ABS plastic with metal threads for accurate engagement. http://www.readycap.com

6:45 pm - Monday, August 6, 2012

#10 Anax

Of course you could just drop the cap into your camera bag.

For example, in the big space where the camera was.

11:43 pm - Monday, August 6, 2012

#11 Sachin

I bought one of the ReadyCaps after I read about it on a different blog site. I ordered it in a 52 with a 72mm adapter. I wanted to buy the holder that was featured on kickstarter, but the two sizes that I wanted were on 2 different holders... which meant that I had to buy 2 of them. Even worse, to change the holders would mean that I had to take the strap off the camera to put the holder on. When I found out about the ReadyCap I ordered one... it changes sizes in less than a minute!

6:02 am - Tuesday, August 14, 2012