Canon: A Year in Fashion
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10£9 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10£9 on Luminar.
Canon: A Year in Fashion is a documentary film highlighting the relationship between images and fashion. Presented by Andy Torres, the blogger from StyleScrapbook.com, the film tells a story about the symbiosis of photography and fashion as seen by those working behind the scenes. Featured photographers include Clive Booth, Tony Wellington and a number of student photographers who shot catwalk shows from the photographers’ pit for the first time in 2013. Click through / scroll down to view the film.
Canon Press Release
'Canon: A Year in Fashion' documentary celebrates the power of image in fashion
- Canon Europe, world leader in imaging solutions and Official Imaging Partner to the British Fashion Council, has released ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ a documentary film celebrating the integral relationship between images and fashion
- The film launches today to build excitement in the run up to London Fashion WeekFebruary 2014, which Canon is the Official Sponsor of for the ninth year
- Presented by Andy Torres, the blogger from StyleScrapbook.com, the film tells the story of the relationship between photography and fashion as seen by those working behind the scenes
- Appearing in the film are photographer, filmmaker and Canon Explorer Clive Booth, photographer Tony Wellington, leading designer Henry Holland and Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council
- The film also features those who are just about to enter the fashion industry – the young student photographers who shot catwalk shows from the photographers’ pit for the first time in 2013.
- ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ is available online at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOkQleeUPI
- London Fashion Week (14-18 February) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, with over 5,000 visitors expected this yea
- It is followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend (20-23 February), London’s largest and most exclusive designer shopping event open to the public biannually
- Canon is also a Principal Sponsor of Milan Fashion Week and a Key Sponsor of Paris Fashion Week, and Professional Photo Partner of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Russia
James Leipnik, Chief of Communication, Canon Europe, Middle East and Africa:
“We are very proud to present the ‘Canon: A Year in Fashion’ documentary to those who share our passion for fashion and the power of image. The new film gives great insights into the creative work that goes on behind the scenes of London Fashion Week and shines a bright spotlight on talented professionals whose work we all admire; and through social media, we can now share it with a wider audience than ever before.”
Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council:
“Image is of course essential to the fashion industry to communicate these incredible collections to a much broader audience.”
Henry Holland, Leading Fashion Designer:
“It’s the catwalk images and the photographs of the looks themselves that you refer back to, the imagery lasts forever.”
Clive Booth, Professional Photographer and Filmmaker:
“I like all forms of photography, but I think fashion is exciting – it’s the fact you can experiment.”
Andy Torres, StyleScrapbook.com Blogger:
“Photography for my career is massive, because that’s my way of expressing myself. My most important kit is my camera and my computer, I travel everywhere with them – I have to have them in my hand luggage, I have to have them near me because without them I can’t blog. My blog is about my personal style and my personal life and the way I see things. I try to capture these little moments during my day that make that experience – my experience. It’s just about having that perfect photograph.”
Tony Wellington, Professional Photographer:
“In great images and fashion you have two elements of creative people coming together, to make one image. You got a designer who will come up with an aspirational design or a collection. You put it on a hanger it looks normal. You put it in front of a camera with a photographer that knows his equipment, knows how to manipulate light, and takes an amazing shot with an amazing mode – then what you’ve got is a masterpiece. You’ve got something that when people see it, it inspires something in them. Fashion and photography become a work of art.”
Polly Ash, Student Photographer:
“The opportunity from Canon to come to LFWE is amazing. A good catwalk image includes: the model to have a clear face, you need to have all of the body in focus so you can see the clothing – and you want both feet on the floor so it’s more of a natural shot. Framing you have to have a good spot – you need to be organised and know what you want to get.
“The biggest challenge to coming into the fashion industry is probably getting the right moment, it’s so quick paced you need to make sure your on target, you need to be up-to-date, you need to be at the right time, at the right place you need to be organised. It’s just exciting at the moment – I’m really enjoying it.”
Charlotte Simpson, Photographer, Winner of the Canon Student Best Shot September 2012:
“It’s been incredible really, I was quite scared to start off with but everyone has been really nice. I’ve never done anything like this before its brilliant for your CV and for your portfolio as well.”
Canon Europe is the regional sales and marketing operation for Canon Inc., represented in 116 countries and employing 17,000 people across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Founded in 1937 with the specific goal of making the best quality camera available to customers, Canon’s tireless passion for the Power of Image has since extended its technology into many other markets and has established it as a world leader in both consumer and business imaging solutions. Its solutions comprise products, ranging from digital compact and SLR cameras, through broadcast lenses and portable X-ray machines, to multi-function and production printers, all supported by a range of value added services.
Canon invests heavily in R&D to deliver the richest and most innovative products and services to satisfy customers’ creative needs. From amateur photographers to professional print companies, Canon enables each customer to realise their own passion for image.
Canon’s corporate philosophy is Kyosei – ‘living and working together for the common good’. In EMEA, Canon Europe pursues sustainable business growth, focusing on reducing its own environmental impact and supporting customers to reduce theirs using Canon’s products, solutions and services. Canon has achieved global certification to ISO 14001, demonstrating a world-class environmental management standard.
Further information about Canon Europe is available at: www.canon-europe.com