Canon EOS-1D X Firmware 1.1.1
Canon has issued a firmware update for the Canon EOS-1D X digital SLR camera, enabling AF with lens-teleconverter combinations as slow as f/8. Furthermore during AI Servo AF shooting in low light, viewfinder information is now illuminated, with the AF points blinking intermittently in red, allowing them to be easily confirmed whilst shooting, without affecting the metering of the scene. Firmware update v 1.1.1 is available to download now from the website below.
Website: Canon Europe
Canon Press Release
Performance redefined - Canon enables auto focus at f/8 for the EOS-1D X with new Firmware 1.1.1
United Kingdom, Republic Of Ireland, 18th October 2012 - Canon today announces a new firmware update for its acclaimed EOS-1D X professional digital SLR is now available, offering new functionality and improved performance to professional photographers. Developed in response to direct feedback from photographers around the world, Firmware v1.1.1 improves the scope and performance of the AF function and introduces minor fixes to offer professional photographers the ability to capture stunning images more easily in all conditions.
New functionality; enhanced performance
During AI Servo AF shooting in low light, viewfinder information is now illuminated, with the AF points blinking intermittently in red, allowing them to be easily confirmed whilst shooting, without affecting the metering of the scene.
Getting closer to the action is also even easier, with the firmware update allowing photographers to use extenders to increase the focal length of their super telephoto lenses, whilst maintaining the use of AF to capture a crisp, clear shot. Enabling the utilisation of telephoto zoom L series lenses plus extender, the centre AF point (one cross-type with four supporting points) can now be used to auto focus at a maximum aperture of f/8.
The firmware update v 1.1.1 is released for cameras with current firmware up to v 1.0.6. Firmware update v 1.1.1 is available to download now from: http://software.canon-europe.com
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware v1.1.1 – new features:
• Auto focus with f/8
• Illuminated AF points and viewfinder information in AI Servo AF mode
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware v1.1.1– fixes:
• Corrects a phenomenon where the metering value of the AE sensor becomes abnormal, affecting the final image
• Corrects a phenomenon where Error 70 may occur during AEB shooting
• Corrects a phenomenon where the firmware of the lenses cannot be updated normally
• Minor corrections to Arabic menu
Canon EOS-1D X – key features:
• 18.1 MP full frame CMOS sensor
• Up to 12fps and 14fps shooting
• 100-51200 ISO, up to H:204800
• 61 point AF system
• 100,000 pixel RGB AE metering with DIGIC 4
• Full HD 1080p EOS movie
• Dual “DIGIC 5+” processors
• Clear View II 8.11 cm (3.2”) 1040k-dot LCD
• Ethernet port