Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Canon has released a firmware update for its EOS 5D Mark III full-frame digital SLR camera. Click through / scroll down for a list of improvements and fixes implemented in Version 1.2.3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false colour along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera's LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
*The phenomenon listed in #2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.