Canon EOS 5D Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
Canon has released a firmware update for its EOS 5D Mark III full-frame digital SLR camera. Click through / scroll down for a list of improvements and fixes implemented in Version 1.2.3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false colour along boundaries of high contrast.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
- Enables the brightness of the camera's LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
*The phenomenon listed in #2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.