Canon EOS 6D Firmware Version 1.1.2
Canon has issued a firmware update for the Canon EOS 6D digital SLR camera. Version 1.1.2 fixes a phenomenon which prevents movie files shot using the EOS 6D from being played back on YouTube. You can download the firmware upgrade from the website below.
Website: Canon U.S.A.
Firmware version 1.1.2 may present some Video Snapshot limitations. Please review the two scenarios and the workaround provided below.
1. EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.0.9:
If a video snapshot captured when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9 is combined with a video snapshot created by a camera which was running firmware 1.1.2, the resulting video snapshot album will be corrupted.
2. EOS 6D running Firmware Version 1.1.2:
If you try to add a video snapshot from a camera running firmware 1.1.2 to the video snapshot album created when the camera was running firmware 1.0.9, a warning message “Cannot select this movie” will appear and the video snapshot cannot be added to the album.
Please follow this workaround which addresses the two scenarios described above.
1) Shoot a video snapshot and create a video snapshot album.
2) Import the captured video snapshot album to your computer.
3) Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
4) Select the video snapshot album, and select [Edit Movie] in the [Edit] tab.
5) MovieEdit Task will start.
6) Select [Add Image] and select video snapshot album to add the movie snapshot.
7) Select [Save] and [Save image type], and then click [Save].