Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Diana Bird and Anthony Epes have launched a Kickstarter campaign to help fund the publication of two new photography books, London at Dawn (revised edition) and Paris at Dawn. "We have paid for half the printing costs and are now looking to raise the other half," the authors say. "If the campaign is successful we will then be exhibiting the project and launching the books at St Pancras Station in October." If you are interested in making a contribution, visit the website below.
Cities at Dawn Press Release
London at Dawn and Paris at Dawn
A photographic journey through the empty streets of Paris and London at dawn. These two books reveal a hidden side of each city.
We have recently launched a Kickstarter campaign for two photo books -- Paris at Dawn and London at Dawn (which is a revised and updated edition). If the campaign is successful we will then be exhibiting the project and launching the books at St Pancras Station in October.
I think the Kickstarter campaign to print these two books could be an interesting piece for these reasons:
· DIY publishing - Anthony has decided not to go with a publisher, as he previously did for the first edition of London at Dawn, and instead is joining hundreds of creative people who are 'crowdfunding' to create projects by directly involving their fans in producing their work. It's a very inspiring model during these tough economic times.
· Fall in love with your city - Millions of us live in cities around the world. They can be fast, chaotic, aggressive places. Sometimes, as we live our lives in these intense urban areas, we lose something: the ability to notice the beauty in our surroundings. We wanted to make people fall in love with their cities again.
· Dawn is the most beautiful time of day - Seeing deserted streets at the magic hour of dawn can completely change the way we look at our city. Something truly amazing happens at this time of day. For a few brief moments, Mother Nature gives us a glimpse of the miraculous. An awe-inspiring light show while millions of people are still asleep.
· Will it be success or failure? - We have paid for half the printing costs and are now looking to raise the other half. It’s the market analysis test - under the all-or-nothing criteria of Kickstarter if we don’t raise enough our books won’t get printed, or we’ll be successful and on our way to a book launch and public exhibition at St Pancras Station in October. There are lots of great rewards - photo tuition at dawn, greetings cards, ebooks, limited edition prints and of course the books themselves to help get people excited and behind us.
· Created by husband and wife team - The books have been created by my husband photographer Anthony and myself. Two years ago I left my career to work and travel with Anthony, with the desire to photograph some of the worlds most interesting cities at dawn. It’s been an inspiring adventur