Corel has released version 12.1 of Corel Painter. The update offers new brush sharing and management options, workspace management, and Photoshop plug-in support, along with the enhanced Live Brush Stroke Preview that now enables artists to quickly view and select brush attributes on the fly. Version 12.1 is a free upgrade for owners of Corel Painter 12, and can be downloaded from Corel’s website.
Website: Corel Painter
Corel Press Release
Free Update for Corel® Painter™ 12 Customers Further Enriches the Creative Experience for Digital Artists
New Release Features, Exciting Brush Sharing and Management Options, Enhanced Live Brush Stroke Preview, Workspace Management, and Photoshop® Plug-in Support
Maidenhead, UK – 16 January, 2012 – Building on the success of Corel Painter 12 announced earlier last year, Corel is excited to announce the availability of a new free update to the world’s most powerful art studio. Loaded with enhancements and valuable additions, this free update provides artists with fresh, new ways to explore their creative vision. Corel® Painter™ 12.1 offers new brush sharing and management options, workspace management, and Photoshop® plug-in support, along with the enhanced Live Brush Stroke Preview that now enables artists to quickly view and select brush attributes on the fly. These updates, along with general usability and performance enhancements, equip artists with everything they need to create stunning and realistic digital art creations.
Free Update Offers Painter Community Even More Flexibility and Creative Freedom
In direct response to feedback from the Painter community, the Corel® Painter™ 12.1 update includes the following enhancements for even greater levels of creative power and freedom:
* New! Brush Sharing and Management – Easily install and share brushes with other digital artists by emailing, posting online or downloading to a memory device
* Enhanced! Live Brush Stroke Preview – Now preview the brush stroke and attributes prior to painting, significantly speeding up and simplifying the brush selection and customization process
* New! Moving and Copying Brush Variants – Quickly move or copy a brush variant to any category
* New! Workspace Management – Delete, replace and reset default workspaces
* Enhanced! Color Mixer Palette – Easily import a color collection as a RIFF, PSD, JPG, PNG or TIFF and use it as a baseline color mixer
* New! Drag and Drop Support for Panels – Drag and drop panels to specific locations in the workspace allowing for more control of the workspace layout
* New! Panel Resizing and Panel Presentation Option – Quickly resize individual panels and hide context sensitive information when not in use adding extra room to the workspaces
* Enhanced! Photoshop Plug-in Support - Take advantage of 3rd party Photoshop® plug-ins on Mac® (32-bit) and 32- or 64-bit Windows
“Artists are always looking for ways to make their work stand out and to spark an emotional response in their audience. We are inspired by what our Painter users create and our focus is to provide them with new tools and workflow options that enable them to push their creative curiosity even further,” said Andy Church, Senior Product Manager, Corel Painter. “Artists want to focus on what they are creating, not on the software they’re using. With this in mind, Corel Painter 12.1 was designed to give our Painter community free access to more artistic and workflow options so that it is now even easier for them to experiment with new techniques, collaborate with other artists and share their work.”
The free Corel Painter 12.1 update (Windows® and Mac®) is available in English, Japanese, German, French, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and Korean for Corel Painter 12 users. It can be downloaded from Corel’s website at http://www.corel.com/painter
The full version of Corel Painter 12 is available in English at the SRP of £274.80 and £142.80 for the upgrade, both including VAT. Commercial and academic volume licenses are also available.