Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
Corel today released the English version of Corel Painter X3. New features and highlights include crosshair cloning, 25 new jitter brushes, a brush search engine, new perspective guides, smart brush controls, a new reference image panel, flow maps, and the ability to apply a transformation to a selection across multiple layers. The full version of Painter X3 is available for £311 (including VAT) and the upgrade, for registered Painter 11 and 12 users, is available for £156 (including VAT).
Website: Corel Painter
Corel Press Release
New Corel Painter X3 Inspires Artists to Push the Boundaries of Digital Art
Latest Release Builds on Realistic Painting Experience with New Jitter Brushes, Crosshair Cloning and Perspective Guide Tools
Maidenhead, UK – July 23, 2013 – Corel today announced the availability of the English version of Painter® X3, the world’s leading digital art software known for its hundreds of brushes, paper textures and media that perfectly emulate real-world art materials. As an innovator in digital art, Painter X3 continues to inspire artists with unique tools such as new Jitter brushes that produce more organic art and flow maps that direct the saturation of wet media as it interacts with the canvas. In addition, artists will save more time with workflow enhancements when cloning with crosshairs, drawing in perspective and transforming multiple layers. For both new and experienced Painter users, the Brush Search engine now makes it easier to find the perfect brush, while the advanced brush controls simplify the customisation options.
Created by Artists for Artists
“Painter X3 is the result of an immensely collaborative effort with professional artists across the world to understand how we could improve the user experience, optimise the existing workflow and add new technologies to push the boundaries of digital art,” said Andy Church, Senior Product Manager for Corel Painter. “What we’ve created with this version is more than digital art software; it’s a platform for inspiration, creativity and reflection.”
Painter® X3 Feature Highlights
Every day, artists around the world trust Painter to explore their creativity, produce stunning work with ease and deliver art that amazes their clients. Whether for photo art, traditional art, illustrations, concept art or designs, Painter X3 introduces new tools to further enhance the ultimate digital art studio:
- Jitter Brushes: Introduce elements of randomness to your brush strokes by adding universal Jitter properties to any brush expression or by using one of the 25 new Jitter brushes
- Brush Search Engine: Find the perfect brush that inspires you within seconds simply by typing terms in the search bar such as brush names or properties, and ensure they’re what you’re looking for with the enhanced Live Stroke preview
- Crosshair Cloning: Position the source image beside the clone and take advantage of the crosshairs which mark where you are cloning from, allowing you to focus on the creation
- Perspective Guides: Speed up the creation of an object with dimension by using the snap tool to draw in 1-,2-, or 3-point perspective and accurately portray spatial depth
- Smart Brush Controls: Change brush properties more easily now – only the settings that can be tweaked will be displayed in the panel
- Reference Image Panel: Open a reference image in the new panel to keep a visual source of inspiration within sight as you paint, without toggling between windows
- Multi-Layer Transformation: Apply a transformation to a selection across multiple layers
- Flow Maps: Create unique and irregular patterns with this technology that directs wet media across the canvas to produce less saturation at the peaks of the canvas texture and more saturation in the valleys, just like colors would with real-world materials
Meet the Artists: Live Paint Jam Sessions
Art is not always about the end result – it’s also a process of inspiration, creativity and reflection – and we want you to join us for live Paint Jam sessions online to learn from our Painter Masters. Each month, the Paint Jam sessions will focus on a different style of art and we’ll be inviting professional artists to share their artistic process with you. The first series, hosted by Jeremy Sutton, Claudia Salguero and Heather Michelle, will focus on photo-fine art and will kick off on Wednesday 14 August, 20:00 – 21:00 (GMT). To learn more about the upcoming Paint Jam sessions, visit www.corel.com/paintjam
Pricing and Availability
Corel Painter X3 is available in English and can be downloaded from Corel’s website at www.corel.com/painter The box versions will start shipping in two weeks. The full version of Painter X3 is available for UK £311 (including VAT) and the upgrade, for registered Painter 11 and 12 users, is available for UK £156 (including VAT). Commercial and education volume licenses are also available.
Join the Painter Community
Connect with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/corelpainter
Follow us on Twitter: @corelpainter
Share with us on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/corelpainter
Watch our tutorials on YouTube: www.youtube.com/paintertutorials
Read our blog: www.corel.com/blog