Digital SLR Photography eLearning Kit For Dummies
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
For Dummies have just announced a brand extension in their line of books and products – the new For Dummies eLearning Center and eLearning Kits. Designed to reflect the increasing interconnectedness of traditional learning materials with interactive online components, the eLearning Kits feature a full-colour printed book and an interactive eLearning course on CD that corresponds with the book. Among the first such bundles is the brand new Digital SLR Photography eLearning Kit For Dummies by Mark Holmes. “This complete dSLR photography course includes a wealth of information on such topics as how to set your camera’s exposure controls, composition do’s and don’ts, and how to apply what you’re learning so you take better pictures,” the publisher says. The 304-page paperback and accompanying CD ROM is available for $34.99 / £24.99 / €28.00.
Wiley Press Release
For Dummies Announces eLearning Center and eLearning Kits
February 16, 2012
Today, the world’s bestselling reference series, For Dummies, introduces the new eLearning Center and eLearning Kits to reflect the increasing interconnectedness of traditional learning materials with interactive online components. The eLearning Kits feature a full-color printed book and an interactive eLearning course on CD that corresponds with the book. Together these components offer readers a productive and flexible learning experience to master programs such as Windows 7, Office 2010, Excel 2010 and more. The CD also offers the reader the opportunity to take the course online for free for up to 6 months at the For Dummies eLearning Center.
“Dummies eLearning is designed to be an easy and convenient way to develop new skills and learn how to get things done with technology,” says Andy Cummings, Publisher, For Dummies Technology. “The eLearning Kits allow our readers to follow the material sequentially or choose separate sections and learn at their own pace through the book, eLearning course or both. You can access your training via the For Dummies eLearning Center at http://www.dummieselearning.com anytime and anywhere using only a web browser and an internet connection, and return to your training as often as you like throughout your subscription.”
The For Dummies eLearning Kit book features:
* Full color illustrations, screenshots, pictures, and more to help guide the reader through each chapter.
* Descriptive learning goals that clearly define chapter content and help learners determine whether the coverage matches the instruction they are seeking.
* Directed, but flexible, learning paths that enable learners to easily follow a linear learning path or jump to selected material.
* Tutorial pedagogy gives readers hands-on involvement and a learn-by-doing interactive experience.
* Assessment mechanisms, including chapter summaries that offer additional practice exercises, concise descriptions of key concepts, and definitions of essential terms.
The For Dummies eLearning Kit CD features:
* A complete multi-hour online course with lessons and tasks within each lesson. Each course includes: a topic map, objectives and overview, tabs for notes, an alphabetical glossary, additional reading material, self-assessment questions, and numerous practice exercises.
* Interactivity that offers immediate reinforcement of applied hands-on learning.
* Integrated audio and video instruction – the narrator goes through everything that is happening on the screen, including screencasts, illustrations, animations, and video.
* Simple-to-use controls that allow the learner to easily navigate the course content.
* Closed captioning available for learners that want to read what the narrator is saying.
* Progress tracking that allows learners the ability to track which lessons/tasks have been completed so they can learn at their own pace.
Current eLearning Kits that are now available include:
* Windows 7 eLearning Kit For Dummies (Wiley, 978-1-1180-3159-9, November 2011) by Jennifer Fulton. A complete Microsoft Windows 7 course, Windows 7 eLearning Kit For Dummies is the ultimate guide to a productive and flexible learning experience for this popular operating system.
* Office 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies (Wiley, 978-1-1180-2972-5, December 2011) by Faithe Wempen. Office 2012 eLearning Kit For Dummies is a complete Microsoft Office 2010 course offering detailed instructions for working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to get the most out of all the applications from the Office 2010 suite.
* Excel 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies (Wiley, 978-1-1181-1079-9, January 2012) by Faithe Wempen. Featuring both written and animated step-by-step how-to’s, practice labs, helpful videos, numerous examples, and a host of Dummies hints and tips, Excel 2010 eLearning Kit For Dummies helps your maximize the potential of this data analysis tool so that you can work more efficiently in the latest release of Excel.
* Digital SLR Photography eLearning Kit For Dummies (Wiley, 978-1-1180-7389-6, February 2012) by Mark Holmes. If you’re making the switch from simple point-and-shoot cameras to more complex dSLRs and hoping to enhance your photography skills along the way, Digital SLR Photography eLearning Kit For Dummies can help. This complete dSLR photography course includes a wealth of information on such topics as how to set your camera’s exposure controls, composition do’s and don’ts, and how to apply what you’re learning so you take better pictures.