Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Mark Gillett and Rebecca Hart have teamed up under Suitcase Media & Productions to deliver a film and photography workshop in Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa. Taking place from 4-10 November and again from 11-17 November 2012, the DSLR and GoPro Safari Workshop is aimed at photographers who would like to explore the video function of their DSLRs, filmmakers looking for an opportunity to join a production team and anyone wanting to make a short documentary based on wildlife, conservation and the local African community. Each workshop is limited to eight participants. For more information, check out the website below.
Website: Rebecca Hart Media
Suitcase Media & Productions Press Release
NEWLY LAUNCHED – DSLR AND GoPro SAFARI WORKSHOP OF A LIFETIME!
This is an incredible opportunity to join Mark Gillett and Rebecca Hart on their quest to explore new and innovative ways of filming and photographing African wildlife using the latest in DSLR and HD GoPro technology, whilst they work to create a number of short films with varying themes!
Mark and Rebecca have teamed up under Suitcase Media & Productions to deliver a truly unique film and photography workshop of a lifetime! With Rebecca’s wildlife experience and Mark’s adventure work from around the world, the workshop will be an intensive, fun and action packed week of learning, filming, photographing and exploring Africa’s most iconic wildlife.
Workshop 1 4th – 10th November 2012 (6 nights) | Workshop 2 11th – 17th November 2012 (6 nights)
Location Thornybush Game Reserve, South Africa | Limited Max 8 people per workshop | Cost £2950
Traditionally photographic safaris have been highly popular internationally for both professional and amateur photographers alike. However, times have changed and an exciting gap in the market has been revealed primarily as a result of advances in digital photographic camera technology with the inclusion of a video function on many new DSLRs. Greatly enhanced quality of consumer video technology in smaller handheld camcorders and the improved accessibility of High Definition along with the explosion in popularity of film in the online social media market including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Twitter.
Suitcase Media and Productions’ DSLR and GoPro Safari Workshop aims to utilise this gap in the market by providing a more inclusive ‘media’ safari workshop as opposed to the more traditional photographic safari!
SAFARI WORKSHOP | HIGHLIGHTS
· Unique opportunity to join and work alongside film and photography professionals
· Advice on a range of professional film and photographic equipment, including a number of different DSLRs and HD GoPro cameras
· Explore new camera functions and improve existing techniques in a creative learning environment
· Big 5 game viewing (lion, leopard, buffalo, white & black rhino, elephant) plus cheetah, hyena, hippo, crocodile, zebra, giraffe, various antelope species and masses of bird life
· Private - open roofed - game viewing vehicles with knowledgeable safari guides
· Luxury accommodation along the river bank in a stunningly wild African bush location
· Chance to follow highly topical real life stories and local issues
· Film and photography enthusiasts looking for experience and a chance to build a portfolio
· Photographers wanting to explore the video function of their DSLRs
· Filmmakers looking for an opportunity to join a production team
· Anyone wanting to make a short documentary based on wildlife, environment, conservation and the local African community
· Wildlife enthusiasts and adventurists
· Anyone looking to explore ways of creative film making and photography
· Camera enthusiasts of all levels welcomed as workshops are tailored for individual needs