Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar. Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
DxO Labs today released DxO Optics Pro v6.6 for Mac and Windows. The new version provides improved image correction, along with raw image file support for five hitherto unsupported digital cameras including the Nikon D5100, the Olympus E-5, the Panasonic GF1 and GF2, and the Pentax K-r. Additionally, more than 100 new DxO Optics Modules are now available to DxO Optics Pro users, covering numerous Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic, Pentax, and Sony cameras. All DxO Labs customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro since 1 June 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6.6.
New DxO Optics Pro v6.6 provides additional noise reduction and color controls, supports five new cameras
New features also include compatibility with new DxO FilmPack 3, and more than 100 additional DxO Optics Modules.
Exceptional 30 percent launch discount.
Paris, France - June 15, 2011 - DxO Labs is pleased to announce the immediate availability of DxO Optics Pro v6.6 for Mac and Windows, which provides improved image correction, along with RAW support for the following digital cameras:
· Nikon D5100 (Standard or Elite edition)
· Olympus E-5 (Elite edition)
· Panasonic DMC GF1 (Standard or Elite edition)
· Panasonic DMC GF2 (Standard or Elite edition)
· Pentax K-R (Standard or Elite edition)
Further, more than 100 new DxO Optics Modules are now available to DxO Optics Pro users, covering numerous Canon, Fuji, Nikon, Panasonic, Pentax, and Sony cameras.
With this version, users with cameras supported by DxO Optics Pro will be able to easily command more control over noise in their JPEG images thanks to a newly extended range of the chrominance noise slider. Additionally, noise can be manually reduced from JPEG images taken with any camera. With this new capability, all corrections available for supported equipment are now available in manual mode for any unsupported equipment.
Based on customer feedback, a new color control slider has also been added to preserve the depth and colors of objects with certain saturated colors.
DxO FilmPack 3 plug-in for DxO Optics Pro, made available today from DxO Labs’ e-store, extends the product’s scope by providing up to 60 color and B&W film renderings with unrivaled precision, and powerful B&W conversion controls.
Availability and price
DxO Optics Pro v6.6 for Windows and Mac, Standard and Elite editions are available from DxO Labs’ e-store and selected resellers at a significant 30 percent launch discount:
· DxO Optics Pro Standard edition:
99 €, reduced from 149 €
$99, reduced from $169
£89, reduced from £135
· DxO Optics Pro Elite edition:
199 €, reduced from 299 €
$199, reduced from $299
£179, reduced from £269
€ and £ prices include sales taxes and VAT.
All customers who purchased DxO Optics Pro since June 1st, 2009 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 6.6.
· 2 GB RAM minimum
· 400 MB available disk space
· Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD equivalent (Pentium Dual Core or higher or equivalent recommended)
· Microsoft Windows XP 32, Windows Vista 32 or 64 bits, Windows 7 (32 or 64 bits)
· To process images larger than 20 MPixels, a 64-bit operating system with 4 GB RAM is strongly recommended
· Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
· To process images larger than 20 MPixels, 3 GB RAM is strongly recommended
About DxO Labs
DxO Labs offers products and solutions that provide excellence in digital imaging. In addition to its DxO Optics Pro and DxO FilmPack products for Mac and Windows, aimed at serious and demanding photographers, the company also licenses patented intellectual property serving the entire digital imaging chain:
• Embedded software and silicon architectures for real-time still and video image processing for consumer electronics OEM/ODM (such as digital camera and camera phone vendors);
• Image quality evaluation and measurement tools for imaging component suppliers (camera module manufacturers, sensor vendors, and processor vendors) as well as for photography journalists and imaging experts.
For more information, visit DxO Labs’ website at http://www.dxo.com.