Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Elgato today announced Thunderbolt Drive+, a fast and ultra-portable storage solution for Thunderbolt and USB 3.0. By combining server-grade Plextor SSD technology, bus-powered operation, and a solid metal enclosure, Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is available immediately for £429.95 (256 GB) and £759.95 (512 GB).
lgato Press Release
No-Compromise Storage: Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+
Munich, Germany – November 07, 2013 – Elgato today announced Thunderbolt Drive+, a lightning fast and ultra-portable storage solution for Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0. By combining server-grade Plextor SSD technology, bus-powered operation, and a rock-solid metal enclosure, Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ outperforms other external drives without compromising on mobility. Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is available immediately for £429.95 (256 GB) and £759.95 (512 GB).
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ utilises a Solid State Drive (SSD) to store data at transfer speeds of up to 420 MB/s, dramatically outperforming other portable drives. It relies on Plextor True Speed technology and server-grade controller chips to guarantee sustained high performance. High-quality flash chips and custom firmware provide the lowest average annualised failure rate (AFR) in the industry.
The perfect storage solution when you’re on the go
Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is engineered to draw power directly from a single Thunderbolt or USB port. This way, users can always access their data, even when they’re not near a power source. The backward compatible USB 3.0 port ensures that Thunderbolt Drive+ works with virtually any Mac or PC.
Due to its metal enclosure and lack of moving mechanical parts, Thunderbolt Drive+ is far less prone to accidental damage than traditional external drives. No dust particle can reach the inside, and even splashes of liquid won’t damage your files.
Thunderbolt Drive+ at a glance
· Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ unites the most advanced storage technology in a revolutionary high-speed solution. With a server-grade Plextor Solid State Drive, a dust and water protected metal enclosure and Thunderbolt and USB connectivity, it’s the perfect storage solution when you’re on the go.
· Interfaces: Thunderbolt™, USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 compatible). Does not require a separate power supply.
· Capacities: 256 GB / 512 GB
· Performance: Transfer speeds up to 420 MB/s
· Dust and water protection: IP64 certified
· What’s included: Elgato Thunderbolt™ Drive+, Elgato Thunderbolt Cable, USB 3.0 Cable, Protective Port Cover, User Guide
· System Requirements: Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port; PC with Windows 7 or later, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port (Elgato Thunderbolt Drive+ is preformatted as a HFS+ Mac drive and can be easily reformatted for use with Windows PCs).
· Dimensions & Weight: 83 x 21 x 131 mm (3.3 x 0.8 x 5.2 in) / 270 g (9.5 oz)
Pricing & Availability
Thunderbolt Drive+ is available from Elgato (www.elgato.com), Amazon and selected resellers for £429.95 (256 GB) and £759.95 (512 GB). Also available from Elgato is Thunderbolt SSD, a high-speed drive starting at £179.95 (120 GB).
Elgato offers industry-leading TV and video solutions for the Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad. With an extensive selection of TV tuners and its award-winning EyeTV software, Elgato offers a complete range of solutions to watch and record TV and HDTV. Elgato’s video products enable high-quality video recording and conversion for gamers, consumers and professionals alike. Furthermore, Elgato offers the world’s first truly portable high-speed drive featuring Thunderbolt technology. Elgato is privately held with offices in Munich, Germany and San Francisco, California.