Environmental Photographer of the Year 2011
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Environmental Photographer of the Year 2011 photographic competition is now open for entries. The Environmental Photographer of the Year is calling for entries that deal with some of the most important challenges of our time, and this year a new video category has been introduced to further raise awareness of environmental and social issues. The competition will run until 31st July 2011, with judging taking place throughout August and September.
BECOME THE NEXT ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
The world’s most exciting photographic competition is now open for entries.
The Environmental Photographer of the Year is calling for entries that deal with some of the most important challenges of our time, and this year a new video category has been introduced to further raise awareness of environmental and social issues.
Organised by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM), the Environmental Photographer of the Year continues to exceed all expectations, receiving entries from photographers in 97 countries in 2010. Now one of the fastest growing photographic competitions in the world, EPOTY is truly an international showcase for the very best in amateur and professional environmental photography.
The competition is open to international photographers of all ages and encourages entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, original and beautiful. This year’s categories are Mott MacDonald’s Changing Climates; The Natural World; The Underwater World; Quality of Life; A View From the Western World; Building Our Future (New for 2011); and The Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 16 & Under 21). And a new Video category has been introduced, leading to the title of the Environmental Videographer of the Year.
Each year the judging panel is made up of some of the most respected photographers in the industry, as well as senior environmentalists such as Lord Smith, Chairman of the Environment Agency. Individual pieces are judged on impact, creativity, composition, originality and technical abilities. Winners receive cash prizes and all winning entries are displayed in the Environmental Photographer of the Year exhibition, launched in London.
The competition will run until 31st July 2011, with judging taking place throughout August and September. Entry is via http://www.epoty.org.
EPOTY Judge Nick Reeves, CIWEM’s Executive Director, said:
“The Environmental Photographer of the Year achieves a huge level of critical and popular acclaim, showing that CIWEM really has its finger on the zeitgeist by championing the environment through creative means. The quality of the submissions we receive is astonishing and it is down to the talent, passion and commitment of our entrants that we produce such an unrivalled collection of stunning images dedicated to the environmental and social issues of our day. I am absolutely delighted that we are now adding a video category to further our collective ability to communicate these issues.”
1. The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) is an independent professional body and a registered charity, advancing the science and practice of water and environmental management for a clean, green and sustainable world.
2. For more information on CIWEM’s Environmental Photographer of the Year, please go to http://www.epoty.org
3. The judging panel included professional photographers Anthony Epes and Ronnie Israel, editor of Dive Magazine Simon Rogerson, CIWEM Executive Director Nick Reeves, Chairman of the Environment Agency, Lord Chris Smith and Dr Paul Ashley from Mott MacDonald.
4. Mott MacDonald is a £1 billion global consultancy of unrivalled diversity, providing leading-edge solutions for public and private sector clients across 12 core sectors. More information can be found at http://www.mottmac.com
5. Specialist Stock, a still picture and motion footage agency, is EPOTY’s Media Consultant, offering new and established photographers the chance to be represented by a professional agency.