Epson Announces Upgrade to Epson Connect
Epson has announced an upgrade to its suite of free Epson Connect mobile printing solutions. This update makes it easier for users to print photos, e-mails, documents and Web pages from anywhere in the world using an Epson Connect enabled printer and a variety of mobile devices, such as a smartphone, tablet, desktop or laptop computer. Key features of Epson Connect include Epson Email Print, Epson Remote Print and the iPrint mobile app. In addition, new Epson printers incorporate Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print technologies. For more information, visit the website below.
Website: Epson Connect
Epson Press Release
New EPSON Connect Enhancements Make Mobile Printing From Computers, Tablets and Smartphones Easier, More Robust
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 6, 2012 – Epson America, Inc. today announced an upgrade to its suite of free EPSON Connect™ mobile printing solutions, making it easier and more powerful for users to print documents, emails, photos, and web pages from anywhere in the world using an EPSON Connect enabled printer and an iPad®, iPhone®, tablet, smartphone, computer, or laptop.1
“Mobile devices have revolutionized the way we communicate, share information and do business today, and now EPSON Connect is changing the way we print through its simple and powerful remote capabilities,” said Colin Donahue, director of business imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With EPSON Connect, home and business users can save valuable time, increase productivity, and share personal photos or business documents anywhere, anytime.
The convenient and robust mobile printing features of EPSON Connect include:
· EPSON Email Print – Remotely send documents and photos directly to an EPSON® printer’s unique email address to easily print from any email-enabled device.
· EPSON iPrint™ Mobile App – Print web pages, Microsoft® Office® documents, photos, and PDFs from anywhere; also scan and save files from a nearby EPSON printer before sending it as an email or uploading it to a cloud service such as Box, Dropbox™, Evernote®, or Google® Docs™. Available for free download from the Apple AppStore™ or Google Play™.
· EPSON Remote Print – Print remotely from a computer or laptop to an EPSON email-enabled printer anywhere in the world using any Windows® application – not just Microsoft Office – to streamline productivity without worrying about formatting or customizing fonts.
EPSON Connect incorporates an optional level of security to ensure users have the ability to reduce unwanted prints and eliminate spam. By enabling an “Approved Sender’s List,” users can specify the email addresses or domains that are allowed to print unattended to the printer’s email address.
In addition, new EPSON printers incorporate Apple AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™, providing the widest array of mobile printing solutions Epson has ever offered:
· Apple AirPrint – Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®; no software, drivers or cables to connect.
· Google Cloud Print – Print from a smartphone or tablet with a Gmail™ or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chromebooks™ and the Google Chrome™ browser.
The free EPSON Connect mobile printing solutions and upgrades are currently available. For more information, see the EPSON Connect Fact Sheet or visit http://www.epson.com/connect.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 75,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit http://global.epson.com.