Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 is a new 13-inch / A3+ printer. Designed for professional photographers and fine artists, the Epson R3000 delivers gallery-quality black-and-white output and vivid color prints. The R3000 features high-capacity individual ink cartridges, advanced media handling to support a wide range of paper types, and Ethernet and wireless-N connectivity. The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 will be available in March for $849 / £699.99.
Epson America Press Release
Epson Introduces Newest 13-Inch Printer for Photographers and Fine Artists - Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Epson Stylus Photo R3000 Combines Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink and AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology to Deliver Stunning Wide-Format Prints
SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/—Imaging USA, Booth #200—Epson America today introduced its most advanced 13-inch printer to date – the Epson Stylus® Photo R3000. Designed for professional photographers and fine artists, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 draws from the advanced technology of Epson Stylus Pro-series printers to deliver gallery-quality black-and-white output and vivid color prints. This printer also includes new features such as high-capacity individual ink cartridges, advanced media handling to support a wide range of paper types, and Ethernet and wireless-N connectivity.
Featuring Epson UltraChrome K3® with Vivid Magenta ink technology and an advanced MicroPiezo® AMC™ print head, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 produces exhibition quality prints on a wide variety of glossy, matte and fine art papers up to 13-inches wide using advanced media handling capabilities. Its innovative pigment ink set delivers an extremely wide color gamut with more dramatic blues and violets, while AccuPhoto™ HD2 image technology provides smoother color transitions and better highlight and shadow detail.
“The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 represents the next generation of 13-inch professional printers with its advanced features and design,” said Richard Day, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “Epson is always striving to anticipate the demands of professionals while pushing the boundaries of technology to provide the level of quality expected from Epson. We’ve integrated new productivity features that will have a big impact on design workflows, including superior media handling, wireless connectivity, larger ink cartridges, and auto-switching black inks.”
More about the Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Designed to provide unmatched performance, exhibition quality and professional media support, the Epson Stylus Photo R3000 delivers several innovative features, including:
* Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink: Professional eight-color ink set with Vivid Magenta and Vivid Light Magenta provides more dramatic blues and violets for an expanded color gamut. Built on Epson’s heritage of professional ink technology, this pigment ink set offers instant color stability and exceptional print permanence ratings for color and black-and-white prints.
* Advanced Media Handling: In addition to a main top-loading, high-capacity tray, this printer features a new front-in, front-out media path designed for fine art media up to 1.3 mm thick, including Epson’s line of Signature Worthy® papers. It also offers broad media support with BorderFree® cut-sheet media handling, roll paper printing up to 44-inches long and CD/DVD printing.
* AccuPhoto HD2 Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precision placement of each individual ink droplet for smooth, grain-free images. This technology optimizes ink usage to maximize color gamut and provide smooth transitions and gradations, and reduces the metameric index to achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions.
* MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: The eight-channel, high-precision print head produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 2 picoliters and places them with precision and accuracy. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the print head also incorporates an ink repellent coating.
* Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System: Nine individual 25.9 ml ink cartridges with pressurized ink technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds.
* Auto-switching Black Inks: The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 automatically switches between Photo and Matte black inks to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media.
* Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in Ethernet®, wireless 802.11n and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide flexible options for fast connectivity to multiple computers in a home or studio.
* Advanced Black-and-White Photo Mode: Professionals can choose from one of four pre-set modes – neutral, warm, cool, or sepia for stunning neutral or toned black-and-white prints. This feature provides intuitive and consistent control through custom slider bars and a color tone wheel for advanced tone adjustment. In addition, customized settings can be saved and recalled to achieve consistent prints.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson Stylus Photo R3000 will be available in March 2011 through authorized resellers for $849 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. For more information on the Epson Stylus Photo R3000, visit http://www.epson.com/R3000.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a wide lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world. Epson is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates and has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria, for the third year in a row. Epson America, Inc. based in Long Beach, Calif. is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: http://www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Note: Epson, Epson Stylus, and Epson UltraChrome K3, and MicroPiezo are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corp. AccuPhoto, AMC, PreciseColor, Signature Worthy, and BorderFree are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epson America, Inc. All other product brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.