The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 is a new A3+ high-gloss photo printer that uses 50% larger ink cartridges for fewer cartridge changes. The new A3+, 8-colour R2000 printer delivers high-quality photographic prints using Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss pigment ink and features Wi-Fi, USB and Ethernet connectivity. The Epson R2000 will be available from May 2011, priced at £419.99 / $499.99.
Epson UK Press Release
Epson Stylus Photo R2000 answers customer demand for improved user convenience
A3+ high-gloss photo printer uses 50% larger ink cartridges for fewer cartridge changes
2 May 2011 – Responding to customer demand for higher-capacity ink cartridges to improve user convenience, Epson has developed the Stylus Photo R2000 with 17ml ink cartridges. The new A3+, 8-colour photo printer delivers high-quality photographic prints using Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss2 pigment ink, with the advantage of 50 percent higher capacity cartridges compared to previous models in its class. This allows larger print jobs to be completed with fewer ink changes.
Epson has also answered customer calls for wireless connectivity, making the R2000 one of the few printers in its category to feature Wi-Fi. Combined with USB and Ethernet connectivity, Wi-Fi enables the R2000 to fit easily into any studio or home environment. Users can print remotely from iPhones® or iPads® using the Epson iPrint app.
Neil Wilson, business manager at Epson UK, says: “Not only have we added Wi-Fi and larger ink cartridges in response to our customers’ feedback, but we’ve also ensured users get high-quality results, every time. The printhead delivers a variable droplet size down to 1.5pl, resulting in high precision and smooth gradations. It also has an ink mixing function to prevent ink settling in the cartridges, making colour reproduction as accurate as possible.”
Thanks to Epson UltraChrome HiGloss2 Ink, users can achieve an ultra-glossy finish for photos, yet enjoy all the benefits of a pigment ink – including durable, long-lasting prints and the flexibility to work with a wide range of media. In addition to supporting fine art, glossy and matte media, both in cut-sheet and roll-paper formats, the R2000 also prints directly onto CDs/DVDs and thick media such as poster board.
The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 will be available from May 2011, priced at £419.99.
• Prints high-quality, A3+ glossy photos, fine art, scrapbook pages and more
• Epson UltraChrome HiGloss2 Ink combines high-gloss results with the durability and versatility of pigment ink
• 17ml ink cartridges
• Compatible with a wide range of media including fine art, glossy and matte papers
• Flexible media handling for printing on thick and fine art papers, cut sheets, roll media, CD/DVDs
• Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB connectivity
• Print directly from PictBridge-enabled cameras
• Variable droplet size down to 1.5pl delivers smooth gradations
• Ink mixing function ensures accurate colour reproduction by preventing ink settling
• 5760dpi print resolution