Updated 26/6: Luminar "Neptune" is out now with Accent AI, an AI photo filter!
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
Reallusion has launched FaceFilter3 Mac, the latest version of its photo retouching and beautification toolkit. The template-based system allows users to quickly and easily apply “extremely detailed and natural-looking” makeup styles for each specific facial feature, then customise and save them for future use. The ability to selectively morph and adjust individual facial features allows for precise facial enhancement and subtle changes in expression. Now FaceFilter3 is available for both Windows PC and Mac, in Standard version at $29.99 and PRO version at $149.95.
Website: Reallusion | FaceFilter
Reallusion Press Release
Reallusion Debuts FaceFilter3 for Mac, an Intuitive Photo Retouching Kit that Incorporates Real-Life Makeup Theory
The new generation of FaceFilter provides a versatile toolkit which allows you to bring exceptional refinement and beauty to your photos without the need for a high-end camera
San Jose, CA — Reallusion, an industry leader in real-time 2D and 3D animation tools, has launched FaceFilter3 Mac, the latest version of its acclaimed photo retouching and beautification series. Now FaceFilter3 is available for both Windows PC and Mac. FaceFilter3 is a leading photo retouching software that incorporates real-life makeup theory and techniques into its extensive selection of multi-purpose beauty tools.
FaceFilter3 is an essential tool for everyone from the image editing professional to the social media diva. The simple and easy-to-learn interface allows even those completely unfamiliar with photo re-touching to feel like a pro within minutes! New users can choose from a selection of hundreds of facial makeup and morph templates and see their facial photos transform to suit any scenario. Furthermore, DSLR effects and various photo filters give anyone from the amateur photographer to the photo retouching professional all the tools they need to make any photo into a stunning masterpiece.
Professional Makeup Theory Integrated into the Ultimate Photo Beautifying Solution
“Reallusion is the first company to provide a photo beauty solution that provides all levels of users with the
ability to easily transform their images in any number of ways to achieve absolutely any look imaginable.
We’ve collaborated with professional cosmetic artists to incorporate real-world cosmetic logic into our tool
design,” said Charles Chen, CEO of Reallusion. “FaceFilter3 utilizes our advanced muscle-level and facial
analysis technology, which has been used with other Reallusion products as well as licensed to brand name
camera manufacturers. “
The template-based system allows users to quickly and easily apply extremely detailed and natural looking
makeup styles for each specific facial feature, then customize and save them for future use. The ability to
selectively morph and adjust individual facial features allows for precise facial enhancement and subtle
changes in expression.
Those more experienced with photo re-touching such as image editing professionals can take advantage of
fully customizable makeup layers for skin enhancement, highlights and contours and a whole world of eye
makeup options. They can then save these custom templates for quick one-click application on future
projects as well.
Give a Professional Look and Upgrade Your Photo with DSLR and Post Effects
One thing that makes FaceFilter3 unique is the inclusion of creative lens filters and DSLR effects that can be
applied to any image. Define the background and foreground of your image with masking, and then choose
different levels of focus in different patterns such as circular or gradient to give your image a depth-of-field
effect like it was taken with a professional DSLR camera. Foreground and background can be edited
separately and given different colors and other image properties as well.
There is also a bokeh feature which allows you to be creative with your blur effects. Choose from a number
of distinctive bokeh shapes ranging from hearts to musical notes, and add that subtle finishing touch to your
photo. The lens filter effects within FaceFilter3 include various Lomo, vignette and image tone templates that
are fully customizable so you can have full creative control over the final look of your photo.
- All-in-one Beauty Centre. A versatile toolkit stocked with every makeup tool needed to create exceptional and unique looks for every photo. Each unique tool is based upon real-life professional makeup theory. The included templates allow for one-click application of a variety of beautiful and complete looks, which are categorized into Skin Refinement, Facial Makeup and Eye Makeup.
- Skin Care Function. New and innovative skin-smoothing system that easily and quickly evens out skin by clearing away blemishes, wrinkles, and discoloration. Specific templates are easily applied to address the initial problem, and further editing and tweaking can be performed with more specific tools.
- Detailed Skin and Hair Textures. Ultra-realistic looking eyebrows and eyelashes contain visual detail down to each follicle, allowing them to blend in naturally with the rest of the face, while a diverse selection of skin textures can be modified in a variety of ways to suit the particular skin texture of your model and prevent the “washed out” look that is prevalent in other photo retouching software.
- Highlights & Contours. Flexible highlight/contour layers along with masking tools allow users to add definition to facial features in addition to bringing in further custom layers for a more pronounced effect.
- Adjust Facial Shape. Facial image fitting allows for a whole new level of freedom for facial adjustment, with the ability to adjust every facial detail from overall facial proportion to the shape, position, and size of individual facial features.
- Facial Expression Enhancement. Muscle-based facial adjustment facilitates the ability to totally remodel any facial expression, or simply perform subtle adjustments and tweaks to the current expression.
- Photo DSLR and Lens Filter Effects. Adjust image values or add a polished touch to your image by applying a variety of DSLR and other photo filters and effects for a more professional and unique result.
Pricing and Availability:
FaceFilter3 is available for Windows PC and Mac, in Standard version at $29.99 and PRO version at $149.95.
FaceFilter3 Mac version is also available on Apple’s Mac App Store:
- Pro version: https://itunes.apple.com/app/facefilter3-pro/id747254884?mt=12
- Standard version: https://itunes.apple.com/app/facefilter3-standard/id747269885?mt=12
For more about FaceFilter3 please visit: http://www.reallusion.com/facefilter/default.aspx
For FaceFilter3 training resource please visit: http://www.reallusion.com/facefilter/training.aspx
The add-on bundle package with FaceFilter3 PRO, Makeup PRO, and bonus content is available for
USD$129.90. To learn more about Makeup PRO, the add-on for FaceFilter3
About Reallusion, Inc.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Reallusion is a leading-edge software developer providing cinematic
animation tools for PC, Mac and mobile platforms. Reallusion’s pioneering storytelling technology excelling
at character animation, facial morphing and voice lip-sync allows fast creation of interactive avatars for 3-D
real-time filmmaking and previsualization for professional post-production. Their powerful yet easy-to-use
tools make character animation accessible to both Mac and PC users of all skill levels. Reallusion’s
development of core technologies and growing base of intellectual property firmly establish the company as
power among emerging technology innovators, furthering their graphic and imaging embedded kernels to
top-brand device manufacturers worldwide. http://www.reallusion.com/