Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Lightricks has released a dedicated iPad edition of its Facetune app. “Facetune for iPad is a game changer,” says Zeev Farbman, Lightricks’ CEO. “Facetune’s revolution was offering every user the ability to achieve magazine-level portraits on the go. Facetune for iPad provides a whole new experience, by stretching the limits of technology with a product that’s both powerful and approachable.” Facetune for iPad is available now, priced at $3.99. Lightricks simultaneously released a new iPhone version that costs $2.99.
Lightricks Press Release
Lightricks Introduces Highly Anticipated Facetune for iPad, Immediately Featured as #1 Best New App by Apple
Facetune, the best-selling portrait editing iPhone app, is finally available for iPad and iPad mini
Jerusalem, IL, (09/26/13). Lightricks Ltd. (http://www.lightricks.com) today released Facetune for iPad, an app that gives every user the ability to create high-end portraits from everyday photos, with intuitive and powerful tools previously reserved for the pros. Facetune for iPad offers all the advantages of Facetune for iPhone, but with unprecedented user control, strikingly natural results, and an ease of use never seen before.
“Facetune for iPad is a game changer,” says Zeev Farbman, Lightricks’ CEO. “Facetune’s revolution was offering every user the ability to achieve magazine-level portraits on the go. Facetune for iPad provides a whole new experience, by stretching the limits of technology with a product that’s both powerful and approachable.”
“The iPad is the ultimate device for photo-editing. It doesn’t matter if you shoot with your iPad, or import photos from your phone or professional camera, Facetune for iPad lets you achieve results comparable only to what professionals can do with Photoshop. And it’s way more fun.”
Facetune is a novel image editing application that uses Lightricks’ proprietary LTEngine™ and SafeBrush™ technologies, which are the basis of a line of exciting and powerful photo editing products for mobile devices. Facetune for iPad was featured as the #1 Best New App on the US iTunes Store, whereas Facetune for iPhone was featured as #1 New & Noteworthy Photo & Video app, was ranked #1 in photo & video in 107 countries, and #1 paid app in 41 countries.
Lightricks simultaneously released a new iPhone version, in which most of the features were upgraded, and several new ones added. There have been major enhancements in every tool, which allow for more powerful and accurate results. The menus now have a totally different look, with safer and quicker import and export. The help system offers beautiful graphics and short video demonstrations of each tool. Users can now apply unique photo textures and localized filters, meaning that each filter effect (lighting, paper and textures) can now be applied in full, or only to specific areas of the photo. In addition to Red-Eye correction, Facetune can now deal with white-eye flash effects as well.
What you can do with Facetune for iPad:
- Perfect Smiles - You can emphasize your smile, make it wider or gentler, or give your teeth a bright and natural shine.
- Beautiful Skin - Smooth and rejuvenate your skin, remove temporary imperfections like pimples and blemishes, brighten those dark circles under your eyes, and improve your skin tone.
- Penetrating Eyes - Emphasize your eyes for a penetrating gaze, change your eye color or get rid of red and white-eye effects
- Hair Salon - Turn back time and color over grey hair, fill bald patches and remove stray hairs.
- Reshape Facial Structure - Refine jaw lines, heighten cheek bones and brows, reshape your nose or have fun and transform your face into an alien shape.
- Vivid Makeup - You can apply blush and eyeshadow in every color, add volume to your lashes, or add some intensity to your lips as if you were using real makeup.
- Photo Enhancements - Focus the photo on you by defocusing the background, improve lighting, create customized filters, and add unique textures and frames.
- Make Art - Add artistic touches to make your photo your own, with customizable filters that can be applied to the whole photo or to specific areas.
- Maximum Control - Choose the size and intensity of every brush stroke in the Tones, Defocus, Whiten, Smooth and Details features.
- Show Off - Instantly share your edited photos with your friends & family through social media or e-mail.
- Easy and Fun - You can compare your work with the original in every step of the way, with only one tap. Having trouble? Facetune also offers extensive graphic and video help screens for each feature.
To learn more or purchase Facetune for iPad, visit the App Store or watch the videos.
Pricing and Availability
Facetune for iPad is now available on the App Store at a special launch price of 3.99 USD (instead of the regular 7.99 USD price), or the equivalent in other currencies.
Facetune for iPhone is also available on the App Store for 2.99 USD, or as a free update for existing users.
Lightricks Ltd. is an Israeli startup company, founded by five entrepreneurs with a proven track record in both academia and industry.
Lightricks develops the LTEngine™, a state of the art image-processing engine for iOS. Based on this engine, Lightricks develops high-end image-processing applications for iOS.
For more information, visit http://www.lightricks.com.
Download the Facetune press kit here.