FotoDC Presents 5th Annual FotoWeekDC Festival
3 day sale: Luminar is now on sale for the lowest price ever!
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $49£37 for new users, or $39£30 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
FotoDC are gearing up for the 5th annual FotoWeek DC festival this month. Held across the Washington, DC region from 9-18 November, this year’s FotoWeekDC festival sees the addition of the new FotoWeekEDU programming and the launch of the FotoPage portfolio profile system. Other highlights include FotoWeekCentral, the focal hub of the Festival, FotoWeek By Night, a series of evening slideshow events, and the new and updated FotoPage and FotoPartner web modules which offer individual photographers and local partners exposure on the greatly expanded FotoDC.org website.
FotoDC Press Release
FOTODC PRESENTS THE FIFTH ANNUAL FOTOWEEKDC FESTIVAL IN THE NATION’S CAPITAL, November 9 – 18, 2012
Washington, DC (October 9, 2012) FotoDC, Washington’s only nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to serving photographers and photography lovers, is pleased to present the 5th Annual FotoWeekDC Festival to be held across the Washington, DC region from November 9 – 18, 2012. Founded with the inaugural Festival in 2008, FotoWeekDC has evolved and re-branded to become FotoDC, a thriving nonprofit with year-round programming beginning in 2011.
“FotoDC is truly a unique regional arts non profit founded to fill a glaring void in world class photography programming, said Theo Adamstein, Founder and Executive Director of FotoDC. “Since 2008, FotoDC has taken an entrepreneurial approach in order to overcome national economic challenges and advance the depth and breadth of our programming each year.”
FotoDC and its presentation of the annual FotoWeekDC festival continue to grow in 2012 with the support of major grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, and the Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation, among others.
The 5th Annual FotoWeek DC will present the very best in fine art photography, photojournalism, and all new programming. In addition to a selection of outstanding exhibitions, the Festival is comprised of seminars, lectures, workshops, portfolio reviews, photo book displays, special events, and receptions.
The following are highlights of the 5th Annual festival, November 9-18:
· FotoWeekCentral – FotoWeekCentral, the focal hub of the Festival, will be located at FotoDC sponsor Vornado/Charles E. Smith’s newly remodeled Warner Building at 1299 Pennsylvania Avenue. World-class work to be presented at Central includes exhibitions from the Magnum Foundation/Reporters without Borders, the “Global Goods / Local Costs” show presented by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting, and the 2012 FotoDC International Awards Competition winners, among many others.
· FotoWeekEDU - Educational programming at the Goethe Institut Washington, a FotoDC partner for the festival, will consist of Seminars, Portfolio Reviews and a FotoBooks Exhibition. FotoWeekEDU highlights include a week-long series of full day seminars with luminaries in the photography world, including Ed Kashi, Brian Storm, Tom Mangelsen and Mary Virginia Swanson, presenting on such topics as documentary storytelling, multimedia, nature photography and book-making and marketing.
· FotoWeek By Night – Evening special slideshow events at Georgetown’s newest lounge, MalMaison, featuring SlideLuckPotShow, Uncover/Discover photographers, San Francisco’s Open Show and more.
· FotoPage and FotoPartner - New and updated web modules offer individual photographers and local partners exposure on the greatly expanded FotoDC.org website. From submissions on FotoPage, curators selected ten Washington area photographers to participate in the second annual Uncover/Discover exhibition, which will also be shown during FotoWeekDC.
· FotoDC Exclusive Hotel Packages - The new partnership with Destination DC, the official tourism corporation for Washington, DC will offer hotel packages starting at $94.99 per night for the duration of FotoWeekDC (November 9-18, 2012). The ten participating hotels gift each room occupant with an extra incentive to explore the city: a $10 Metro SmarTrip card. Participating hotels include: Comfort Inn and Suites near Union Station, Helix, a Kimpton Hotel, The Dupont Circle Hotel, and The St. Regis Washington, D.C., and more. Please visit FotoWeekDC.org for more information.
Building upon recent momentum, FotoDC looks forward to continuing to grow in the years to come.
To join FotoPage or FotoPartner and learn more about FotoDC and the FotoWeekDC 2012 festival, please visit http://www.FotoWeekDC.org.
FotoWeekDC is made possible by support from the following generous foundations and sponsors: the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, National Endowment for the Arts, Vornado/Charles E. Smith, Open Society Foundations, Destination DC, Goethe-Institut Washington, Lindblad Expeditions, National Geographic, the Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation, the ASMP Foundation, TTR Sotheby’s International Realty, B&H Photo Video, Adobe, The Washington Post, ASMP, and Blurb.