Free Photo Editing Software from Serif

September 8, 2009 | Mark Goldstein | PhotographyBLOG | 11 Comments |

Photography Blog is delighted to offer readers the opportunity to enjoy the full version of Serif PhotoPlus 9 for free. PhotoPlus is an award-winning image editing suite designed to improve, enhance, and restore your photographs. Combining ease of use with a powerful set of image correction tools, PhotoPlus is ideal for editing images, whether for the web, multimedia, or the printed page. Download today and enjoy a host of powerful features including: unlimited editable layers, easy image extraction, artistic effects, PSD support and more. This offer expires on 3rd October 2009.

Website: Download Serif PhotoPlus 9

#1 robotslave

So... photographyblog is offering software for free that would otherwise be available to their readers... for free?

Nice job pimping your sponsor, there, photographyblog, but come on. What kind of reader are you trying to cultivate with shameless advert-posts like this?

And more importantly, which types of readers are you willing to lose when you post blatant advertorial "content" like this?

10:17 am - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#2 Mark Goldstein

This is a genuine offer that we've arranged in conjunction with Serif.

You can download PhotoPlus 9 completely free of charge by visiting the website listed at the end of the article - it's as simple as that.

We aren't benefitting from this in any way, other than to offer our readers a genuine product for free.

10:28 am - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#3 Jeff A

And you have to sit and listen to a sales pitch to get the registration number.

3:16 pm - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#4 just-not-for-me

Unfortunately I don't live in US or UK.

"Telephone registration is free and open to residents of the UK and US who call the freephone and toll free numbers listed."

6:09 pm - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#5 Michael Herrmann

Hi Mark,this is really disappointing, first of all why is the offer to UK and USA photographer only?
Because somebody had a marketing idea, I guess.
please keep the blog clean of those kind of rubbish, did you try the software yourself and are you convinced its any better then ps elements or paintshop? there are some real free products available already, but leave me alone with telephone registration, please. and not from Ireland, anyway.

7:31 pm - Tuesday, September 8, 2009

#6 Barrie Edwards

I live in France but they provided me with a free registration number - no problem! Mind you I did have to listen to a sales pitch.

10:20 am - Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#7 CMurdock

I don't understand what's wrong with this deal. Are you saying the software is free anyway? Also, what's wrong with registering software over the phone? My main question is, is the software any good?

I'm curious about the version numbers. On Serif's site, they are up to PhotoPlus X3. Does that mean 13? If so, then 9 is an old version. Perhaps they are hoping that people will get 9 for free and then upgrade to X3.

10:27 am - Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#8 CMurdock

Yikes, there are already things I don't like about this company. They won't let you download trial versions of their programs, so you can't test them before buying. They have Buy Now and Download buttons which both take you to the same place, the shopping cart. Once in the shopping cart, you discover that you have to pay an additional $5 fee in case you lose your license in the future. I tried to contact them about this, and their online contact form takes you to their news group. Perhaps they have good software, but they're doing everything wrong.

10:38 am - Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#9 Nader

I could not install the program. I got an error message.

10:28 pm - Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#10 Nigel Brooks

So, Mark's site carries an advert for Serif. So what.

No one is compelling you to download the software nor listen to the 'sales pitch'.

I'm not trying to be adversarial but if a few pounds from Serif supports the efforts of publishing a useful 'blog' then sobeit.

We all, I hope, know that there is better imaging software out there than Serif PhotoPlus 9 and most of us will have PSP or CS. If you don't then it's a great offer and a useful link to get software for free.

Just my £0.02/ $0.02 worth.

3:50 pm - Tuesday, September 15, 2009

#11 CMurdock

Is that Tracy Freeman above spamming this thread?

5:51 pm - Tuesday, September 15, 2009