Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II Announced
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52, and now comes with 12 portrait presets created by Scott Kelby, plus 1 month of access to KelbyOne photography training.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Fujifilm introduce Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II, a new silver halide colour paper for digital photo labs. Crystal Archive Type II replaces the popular Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type One, making improvements such as more vivid color reproduction and brilliant whites.
Fujifilm USA Press Release
FUJIFILM INTRODUCES FUJICOLOR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE PAPER TYPE II
More Vivid Color Reproduction, More Brilliant Whites, Improved Highlight Detail and Image Stability
Valhalla, NY, February 8, 2005 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc., a leading provider of imaging products and services, will debut the newest evolution in its renowned and trusted Crystal Archive Paper brand at the PMA 2005 Annual Convention and Trade Show in Orlando, FL with the introduction of Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II.
This new RA-4 silver halide color paper is designed to produce high-quality color prints, optimized for digital printers. In addition to the many superb features of the predecessor—Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type One, Fujicolor Crystal Archive Type II incorporates a new silver halide emulsion technology, coupler technology and layer design technology to deliver enhanced color reproduction, white purity, image stability and processing tolerance. When used in conjunction with the newly developed Frontier 550/570 Digital Lab System, it allows for Prints in Minutes performance—super-fast processing, which results in a dramatic improvement in productivity.
Fujicolor Crystal Archive Paper Type II boasts improved handling characteristics, more vivid color reproduction, more brilliant whites and improved highlight detail and image stability. Features include:
* More Vivid Color Reproduction- Retains beautiful colors ranging from subtle shades of green, vivid blues and reds. Skin tones appear more natural and cleaner. Gradation is more smooth and natural.
* More Brilliant Whites plus Improved Highlight Detail- Further improved whiteness, with clear and more distinct highlight details.
* Excellent Image Stability- Exhibits high image stability during long-term dark storage and excellent light storage stability, as well as sharply improved storability with respect to nitrogen oxide, ozone and other gases.
* Improved Handling Characteristics- Improved tolerance for processing unevenness and pressure-induced density variations that sometimes occur.
* Optimized Silver Halide Crystals for Laser Exposure - Yet Optically Compatible- Produces excellent prints from Frontier system laser printers, as well as other digital exposure systems and conventional photographic printers.
* Designed for Super-fast Processing- In combination with CP-49E chemistry on new Frontier 550/570, it allows for Prints in Minutes performance.
The introduction of this new Crystal Archive Photo Paper represents the latest application of Fujifilm’s advanced thin-layer coating manufacturing technology. Originally evolved from its proprietary film-layer engineering, this process requires extreme precision and control and is an area in which few companies are technically competent due to the need for knowledge and expertise gained over long-term, real-life experience with the process. This expertise can also be seen in the development of Fujifilm’s FUJITAC cellulose triacetate film for LCD screens, as well as the company’s DVD recording media.
New Fujicolor Crystal Archive Type II is currently being shipped to customers in most popular main sizes, which also incorporate a longer 610-foot roll from the previous 575-foot roll.
Fujifilm will be showcasing its full portfolio of imaging products and services in its booth #3508 at PMA. For more information, call 800-800-FUJI or go to http://www.fujifilm.com/pma.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. is a subsidiary of Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. and delivers technology solutions to meet the imaging and information needs of retailers, consumers, professionals and business customers. As a global leader in digital imaging, Fujifilm pioneered the development of digital medical systems, and today is the leader in digital minilab systems. The company was ranked in the top ten for U.S. patents granted during the last decade, employs 73,000 people worldwide and in the year ending March 31, 2004, had global revenues of more than $24 billion.
In the U.S., Fujifilm is a leader in delivering high quality, easy-to-use imaging and information solutions in the following categories: Digital Imaging Systems, Recording/Storage Media, Film and Imaging Systems, Motion Picture Film, Graphic Arts and Printing Systems and Medical Imaging and Diagnostics Systems. Fujifilm is an environmentally friendly, humane enterprise and an exemplary corporate citizen.
For more information on Fujifilm products, consumers can call 800-800-FUJI or access the Fujifilm USA Web site at http://www.fujifilm.com.