Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
The Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD is the first ever Fujifilm camera to feature High Definition movies and still photos. The S2000HD shoots movies at 1280 x 720 pixels and wide screen stills at 1920 x 1080 pixels. You can then connect the Fujifilm S2000HD to a HD TV using the supplied remote control and cable. Other features include 15x optical zoom lens (27.6 - 414mm), 10 megapixel sensor, 2.7 inch LCD and electronic viewfinder. The FinePix S2000HD will be available from September 2008 for $299.95.
Fujifilm UK Press Release
Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD: High performance meets High Definition for the ultimate ‘all in one’ digital camera
Announcement Date: 12 August 2008
Powerful zoom range and cutting-edge HDTV capabilities extend Fujifilm’s S-Series Range
Fujifilm today announces the introduction of the FinePix S2000HD, a compact and lightweight 10 megapixel digital camera with an incredible 15x optical zoom lens and HD movie recording and output. The FinePix S2000HD is the first Fujifilm model to offer full compatibility with high definition television (HDTV) systems for both stills and movies. As well as capturing true HD movies (at 1280 x 720 pixels) and wide screen stills (at 1920 x 1080 pixels), the FinePix S2000HD’s HD output allows the camera to display ultra clear high definition photographs and movies on HDTV. The FinePix S2000HD comes with remote control and cable, so it’s all ready for action.
15x wide-to-tele zoom
Despite its compact size the FinePix S2000HD also boasts an amazing 15x optical zoom covering an incredibly versatile 27.6-414mm (equivalent to a 35mm camera) range from true wide-angle to ultra telephoto. From sweeping landscapes, interiors and large group shots to distant sports or wildlife action, the FinePix S2000HD is ready for every photographic challenge thrown at it. The FinePix S2000HD’s Dual Image Stabilisation mode combines a mechanically stabilized CCD sensor with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection. The combination of these technologies reduces the blurring effect of both hand-shake and subject movement even further to provide sharp, clean and clear results even at the longest zoom settings or in the most challenging lighting conditions.
To make capturing the perfect moment even easier the FinePix S2000HD boasts the ability to shoot continuously at up to 13.5 frames per second with max 33frames (3MP mode) – ideal for shooting fast moving kids, sports or wildlife action. An enhanced playback mode allows users to select to view only movies, continuous shots or normal stills for easier and faster searching through large collections of images.
Face Detection Technology
World famous Face Detection Technology has enabled a number of advanced features that will excite both novice and more experienced photographers and make getting perfect portraits easier than ever. Face Detection operates by identifying and prioritising up to 10 faces in a frame and then adjusting the focus and exposure accordingly to ensure the sharpness and clarity of human subjects in the picture, regardless of background. After the shot is captured the automatic red-eye removal feature instantly checks each detected face for red-eye and if found, corrects it in the camera automatically, saving the time-consuming process of fixing it in your PC after the image is downloaded.
Instant Zoom is a feature which enables the user to keep the subject in the shot at long distance by offering a wide viewing area around the frame.
Zoom Bracketing is another useful function enables three shots to be taken at the single press of the button, at varying degrees of magnification (original, 1.4x and 2.0 x). This enables instant editing on the camera to choose the ideal shot, rather than having to go back to a PC to facilitate a digital crop.
Fujifilm’s FinePix S2000HD features at a glance:
* HDTV stills and movie capture and HD output: Capture high-resolution images and movies in 16:9 format - perfect for viewing on High Definition screens. The HD-S2 Accessory Kit (optional) contains the output cable and the remote controller, necessary for viewing High Definition movies and stills from the comfort of your living room.
* 10 megapixel CCD sensor and RP Processor: High resolution capture and Fujifilm’s unrivalled image processing for richly-detailed, vibrant results, natural colours and picture-perfect skin tones.
* 15x optical zoom with 27.6mm true wide-angle: High performance and compact Fujinon zoom lens covering an incredibly versatile 27.6-414mm range (equivalent on a 35mm camera).
* High resolution LCD and Electronic Viewfinder: Users can choose to frame shots using the high quality electronic viewfinder or the large, bright 2.7-inch LCD screen. Both offer high resolution and fast frame rate with 60 fps.
* Dual Image Stabilisation: Combine mechanical image stabilisation with high ISO 1600 (up to ISO 6400 at 5MP) to give perfect blur-free images
* Dual Shot Mode: In this selectable mode, the FinePix S2000HD quickly shoots two images in rapid succession – one with the flash and one without – and saves both. This convenient function lets users perform a comparison at their convenience and select the most pleasing image.
* High speed continuous shooting: Capture the action with continuous shooting of up to 13.5 frames per second at Max 33 frames (3 mega pixel mode).
* Photographic control: Programmed AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual mode with extensive metering and focus options for the more advanced user.
* Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index-style image on the LCD. The FinePix S2000HD will show up to 100 images in micro form, then the control buttons are used to select specific images.
* 13 Pre-programmed scene modes: The FinePix S2000HD features 13 pre-programmed scene modes that offer a one-touch setting for almost any situation, including: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text, Auction.
* Selectable playback: The FinePix S2000HD features playback mode which will make searching of specific files much easier by sorting images according to how they were shot (still, continuous, and movie).
* SD/SD-HC slot: The FinePix S2000HD features SD slot which accepts SD and SD-HC cards.
* Operates on 4xAA batteries: The ultimate in convenience and accessibility
Real Photo Technology
Driving the FinePix S2000HD is Fujifilm’s unique Real Photo Technology (RPT). The guiding principles behind RPT are simple; to set the highest possible standards for overall image quality, to expand digital photography opportunities and to give users fewer wasted shots.
RPT is an umbrella term for the combination of cutting edge technologies such as Face Detection, RP Processor and Fujinon lens, all optimised to work together to produce the most natural, beautiful results in any conditions. As one of the largest imaging companies worldwide Fujifilm is in a position to develop and to manufacture these components themselves, and it is this control over the design of the entire system that makes RPT so powerful.
Real Photo Technology cameras are designed from the ground up to capture ‘real’ photographs with stunning quality - giving users the power to capture the moment exactly as the eye sees it, no matter how challenging the shooting conditions.
With the human eye as the ideal, RPT continues to evolve and to set even higher standards for digital photography.
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm’s Director of Digital Products, said: “The launch of the FinePix S2000HD is very exciting for Fujifilm as it is our first HD ready camera. Fujifilm’s S series range has proved to be very popular and now consumers can enjoy and share their images on the big screen. The S2000HD’s HD compatibility means that the whole family can now appreciate the impact of their family photos and videos on full-screen, high-definition TV. Following on from the success of previous S-series models, we are confident the FinePix S2000HD will be a big hit this year.”
Availability & Pricing
The FinePix S2000HD will be available from September 2008. Pricing will be announced nearer to the date of the launch.