Fujifilm X-S1 Now Available in UK
The Fujifilm X-S1 superzoom is now on sale in the UK. Featuring a 2/3”, 12-megapixel CMOS sensor and a 24-624mm equivalent lens, the Fujifilm X-S1 also offers a high-resolution EVF, articulated rear screen, flash hot shoe, full manual controls, raw image capture and Full HD video. Coupled to the EXR CMOS sensor is the high speed EXR processor, which offers a minimal shutter lag of just 0.01sec and a high-speed continuous shooting capability of 7fps at full resolution or 10fps in six megapixel mode. The suggested retail price is £699.
Fujifilm Press Release
Great results in every picture-taking scenario
The centrepiece of the X-S1 is the superb Fujinon 26x optical zoom lens. Offering a range of 24-624mm (35mm equivalent) it caters perfectly for every photographic need and features a bright f/2.8 maximum aperture at the wide-angle setting.
The X-S1 also features the same 2/3-inch 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor as the X10 which guarantees high quality images regardless of the lighting conditions.
The unique EXR CMOS technology pioneered by Fujifilm allows the user to switch between three modes – High Resolution, Wide Dynamic Range and High Sensitivity/Low Noise - depending on the lighting conditions – or leave the camera to make its own choice in the Auto EXR mode.
Coupled to the EXR CMOS sensor is a Fujifilm high speed EXR processor, which offers a minimal shutter lag of just 0.01sec and a high speed continuous shooting capability.
Easy composition and image review
The X-S1 offers a powerful combination of high quality electronic viewfinder (EVF) and rear LCD. The 0.47-inch EVF features 1.44 million pixels for superb image clarity, while the tiltable 3-inch LCD screen features 460,000 pixels and useful Daylight mode.
Fujifilm X-S1 key features
• High quality Fujinon 26x optical zoom covering 24-624mm (35mm equivalent) with Intelligent Digital Zoom boosting range up to 1248mm
• Superb build quality and finish with rubberised coating and metal dials
• 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor
• Up to 10 frames-per-second shooting
• Large EVF with 1.44 million pixels and 26 degree viewing angle
• Tiltable three-inch rear LCD with Sunny Day mode
• Full HD video
• PASM modes
• Raw file format
• Film simulation modes
• Macro focusing down to 1cm
• Lithium battery providing up to 500 shots per charge
• Optical image stabilisation
• 360° Motion Panorama mode